Cucumbers?

Replies

• JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    If you slice the cucumbers and liberally douse in lemon juice and Tony's Chacheres Original Creole seasoning, it provides a similar taste to salt and vinegar potato chips with a slight spicy kick. Low cal, get taste. And, it satisifies the craving for crunchy/salty snacks.

That sounds tasty!! I am always looking for snacks to take the place of salty, fattening foods like chips and this sounds good!
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    cucumber tomato salad...mmmmmmm

this, with good feta and extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic power, and oregano

Edit: elenakero I like the way you think!
    If mFP had a LIKE button I would use it now :)))
    I LOVEEEE feta cheese!!!
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Cucumber, tomato, olive oil, salt, pepper and FETA CHEESE!!! Awesome!!!!!
    Add pitted Kalamata Olives and some Red Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar to complete a Greek Salad.

Cut lengthwise into quarters, trim out the watery seed and use as vegetable sticks for dip.

Use thick slices for cracker toppings instead of crackers.

Wish I could get cucumbers to grow in my garden, no luck the last 3 years!
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308 Member
    add tomatoes, feta cheese and top with some balsamic vinegrette - yum. Add some grilled chicken too, very good!!!
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 338 Member
    I caught this on the Hungry Girl show a while back. You can bulk up your fruit salad with cucumbers! They get sweet cause you make a dressing with orange juice!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/fill-er-up-ginormous-fruit-salad-surprise-recipe
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,211 Member
    I am lately obsessed with cucumber sandwiches on multi grain sandwich thins (only 100 cal per roll) with nonfat greek yogurt mixed with sriracha chili sauce. I love spicy, and the yogurt + sriracha mixture tastes like spicy mayo, like the kind that comes on sushi rolls. Its delish! And I am a big texture differences fan (something soft with something crunchy) so the cucumbers give me the nice crunch mixed with the softness of the bread!

mmm yeah now I am gonna go make one :)

(It reminds me of putting potato chips on sandwiches which I always used to do)

Yum! I completely forgot about cucumber sandwiches. I love them. Thanks for the reminder.
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Slice them into thin slices and put them in a pitcher of ice water. I thought it was weird too, when I saw it at my spa, but it tasted very light and refreshing!!! Don't know if you've ever seen pitchers of cold water with lemon slices or orange slices and noticed how the fruit infuses the water lightly with the flavor of the fruit. Well, it's the same principle with the cucumbers, and it tastes really good and refreshing.

I also like cucumber salad made with cucumber, tomato, onion, dill, rice vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil. Yummmmm!!!
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Cucumber, tomato, olive oil, salt, pepper and FETA CHEESE!!! Awesome!!!!!

AWESOME IDEA!!
    My mom made this as a summer salad. There are 2 versions of it: one with feta cheese, the other with onion instead of the feta cheese. I love the sauce that remains on the bottom once you eat all the salad....and dip bread it in...is like a little piece of Heaven!
  • ahizzel
    ahizzel Posts: 28 Member
    Cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches. Two slices of cucumber with light cream cheese in between.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Israeli salad!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Gazpacho!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    You can actually saute them in a little bit of butter and top with a little bit of fresh thyme or mint
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    I absolutely love just cutting them into strips and eating them with a little salt. It's one of my favorite snacks ever.

This is what i was going to say, but with lemon too with the salt.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Cucumber sandwiches
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    when I use cukes I will slice them and an onion thinly and put them in white vinegar and let them set for a couple of hours and then eat them. I also slice real thin and use on a sandwich.
  • LUCYRENEE
    LUCYRENEE Posts: 23 Member
    don't you have neighbors, friends, family?? Everybody I know loves fresh produce...!!
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad...just had it for supper tonight with steak and sweet corn.

a few cucumbers (peeled or not, your choice)
    a couple garden fresh tomatos
    1 chopped up avocado
    a few thin slices red onion
    zest and juice of a lime
    a few chopped up basil leaves (or parsley or cilantro)
    a few sprinkles of curry powder
    a few dashed of hot sauce (whatever you have on hand but I use sriracha)
    a few grinds of black pepper
    dash of sea salt

Mix it all together and refrigerate for about 1/2 an hour before serving so all the flavors blend.

- Another favorite is cucumber, bacon, avocado & hummus sandwiches on a really good whole grain bread. You can also add a nice thick slice of tomato or some lettuce. Sometimes in place of the hummus I make a homemade pesto mayo spread.
    Pesto Mayo is 2 parts pesto to one part mayo, mix it up and spread it on.

-Cukes in Sour Cream w/ fresh dill- as simple as that, I add in a little black pepper and a splash of vinegar. Slice the cukes very thin, on a mandolin if you have one. You can make a really large batch of these as they keep pretty well. Great with burgers, salmon on the grill, grilled bbq'd chicken, you name it!
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Try using cucumber slices instead of crackers. My favorite toppings are goat cheese, palmetto cheese and hummus. I try to eat one perisian cucumber a day, small and sweet!
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    I love cucumbers. I could eat them every day. In salads on toast. Just by themselves with a sprinkle of salt or Mrs Dash. YUM.
  • white salsa! equal parts cucumber & onion with salt, pepper, and rice vinegar! so yummy
This discussion has been closed.