haven't lost weight for 2 weeks.

Options
Just had a question, i've been sticking to my 1200 calories, working out 4x a week and my weight hasn't moved for 2 weeks. i have been doing weight lifting though, so i'm wondering if this is why? would anyone suggest not lifting weights or doing something different?

Replies

• krissymlit
    Options
    Just had a question, i've been sticking to my 1200 calories, working out 4x a week and my weight hasn't moved for 2 weeks. i have been doing weight lifting though, so i'm wondering if this is why? would anyone suggest not lifting weights or doing something different?
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't know for a fact, but I have heard that upping your calories at that point will allow your body to let go of more. If it thinks you are starving, it will hoard what you take in. I know it sounds kinda like it would make you gain, but our bodies hit a plateu* and that is the best advice I have seen yet!

Hope it helps!
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    I agree with Jenny B. I did 1200 calories last year and worked out like crazy and nothing moved and I felt like crap most of the time. So I upped my calorie intake to 1370 and did the same amount of working out and now im losing weight. :drinker:
  • angeemiller
    Options
    If you are not taking in your 1200, you will stall. Based on the laws of physics, you would think that less in/more out equals weight loss. Not so with the human body. I had to learn it the hard way too. I wouldn't believe anyone (I was taking in around 1000 or less each day, and exercising 4x a week for at least 45 min each time), even though I was starving and working so hard with no results. As soon as I started eating my 1200 (sometimes a tiny bit more), I dropped 3.5 pounds over the following 2 week period.
  • livinwell
    Options
    Are you eating enough protien and carbs? Maybe you are eating too many empty calories and your body is unable to burn anything. Just a thought, I'm no expert:wink: