17 pounds gone but...

Options
What do I do about my stomach? I have lost 17 pounds and I can tell some difference but I don't know what to do exercise wise to lose my stomach. It's shrinking but the top part of my stomach is bigger then the bottom, so it sticks out still. What can I do to make the top part go down too? Would it be crunches? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• samantha_dawn_81
    Options
    What do I do about my stomach? I have lost 17 pounds and I can tell some difference but I don't know what to do exercise wise to lose my stomach. It's shrinking but the top part of my stomach is bigger then the bottom, so it sticks out still. What can I do to make the top part go down too? Would it be crunches? Thanks in advance!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Keep losing weight. Crunches don't help you get rid of fat. They help you build your ab muscles. :flowerforyou:
  • sblades
    Options

Eat clean, Drink your water, keep on losing and your whole body sill shrink.
    No magic food combos, wild exercise moves or other tricks will shrink any one part of your body.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, we don't get to pick which fat goes first! Just keep losing and it will eventually go away! Doing ab work will make your stomach look nice once youlose the fat, but it wont make your stomach smaller now.

Just keep it up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • samantha_dawn_81
    Options
    Thanks to all of ya. It is just alittle depressing seeing the rest of it go and not the stomach! Thanks though. i'm deffinetly going to keep at it.
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    By working your entire body you will lose fat all over. It's extremely hard to target any one area for fat reduction. Your best bet is to start running, and/or doing a circuit of cardio machines at your gym (if you are a member). If you can't run, start by walking and the increase the incline, or jog for a minute and walk for a minute. The more you sweat and get your heart rate up, the more you're going to lose.

Also, if you don't have one, invest in a heart rate monitor (HRM). I have a Polar F6 and I LOVE it. It tells me when I'm in my target zone and how many calories I burn.

And, finally, be patient. You have lost a significant amount already and you should be proud of that. You WILL start to see your stomach go down the more weight you lose :0)

Best of Luck!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    How much fiber are you eating? Try to set your own goal between 20 and 30 grams a day. This is not only filling but a lot of studies are showing the high fiber diets result in slimmer stomachs- and I am seeing those results since increasing fiber myself. While it is true that you can't spot train to lose weight, you can mix in a lot of exercises that use your own body and strengthen the core. Get on shape.com and go to the workout finder and then search stomach. Muscecl burns fat, so crunches will help, too.
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of ya. It is just alittle depressing seeing the rest of it go and not the stomach! Thanks though. i'm deffinetly going to keep at it.

The stomach is the first place the weight goes, and the last place it goes from.
    Cardio, cardio, cardio