How bad did you do?

Replies

• SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Yikes. I didn't keep track. I'm pretty sure after the last 3 days that I will gain 1-3lbs. I'm not weighing again until the 1st though so hopefully if I did gain I can at least lose some of it by then. I will be back on track tomorrow.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I ate pretty crazy on Christmas Eve (Chinese food, chocolate, and alcohol) but today honestly not that crazy. I didn't drink as much water as I should have...but I basically just ate a smallish brunch, some yogurt, and soup with a grilled cheese. I am normally always a daily weigh-in person but I think I'm gonna wait 'til Friday morning to weigh next mainly just because I know the sodium and lack of hydration will cause a little spike I don't wanna know much...
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    I maintained within range of my goal weight... yay! But I’ve been maintaining for 5 years so I know that I can even out any holiday overeating during the next few days/weeks by eating slightly less and ramping up my exercise a bit (I ran a 10K on Xmas day) I’ve had a fantastic holiday and hope you all have too! :)
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    I ate over on Christmas day by about 1000 calories. Not a biggie. But today I went a bit bonkers on the leftovers! I live on my own and didn't want to throw any food out as I hate wasteage so I ate it 🙄 And then I ate some cheese. I think I was around 2000 - 2500 over today.

I'm not going to worry about it too much to be honest. Any gain will eventually come off again.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Nothing crazy, but I didn't log.

Had just a late/larger breakfast and then dinner on both days. Christmas Eve for a change (and because I knew I'd be busy) did a boeuf bourguignon, and my sister did an additional veg (high cal holiday veg with cauliflower and broccoli plus cheese, etc.). Plan was to have ice cream after midnight mass, but we were all tired.

Nice Christmas brunch of bacon and eggs plus some leftover vegetable and some fruit on Christmas, and then a friend had a Christmas dinner I attended that involved roasted turkey breast, a savory bread pudding, and holiday brussels with bacon and chestnuts, dessert was a poached pear. Stuck to reasonable serving sizes both dinners.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I ate a lot. I did a lot of cardio. It's a macro mess.
    Monday morning I logged a 2 lb loss. Tuesday morning I logged a 1 lb loss. I expect to close my diary today in the green and also to have something of a rebound gain tomorrow.

The rebound gain happened. Wednesday I weigh less than I did Sunday. That's not bad.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited December 2018
    I have no idea how bad I did as far as calorie counting goes.

I did a lot better this year than I have in years past. I mostly ate foods that I don't eat everyday & skipped out on the ones that I can pretty much eat any day of the year. I definitely didn't eat as much as I did the one year in maintenance where I was practically on the floor rolling around in pain & my sister commented that it was like I was having a food hangover.

My meal consisted of two plates of homemade baked mac & cheese, homemade sausage dip (my sister made this & it was really good), deviled eggs, & little smokies.

My dessert was a bit on the gluttonous side, but I had a whole container of Turkey Hill Egg Nog ice cream & around three servings of Aldi's Millville Brand Snickerdoodle Kookies cereal.

I'm sure I way overestimated my calories on MFP, but it was worth it to indulge in a family celebration rather than skip out & become too obsessive about calorie counting. I did eat my dessert after most of my family left in case I got any weird stares or judgments.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    I maintained within range of my goal weight... yay! But I’ve been maintaining for 5 years so I know that I can even out any holiday overeating during the next few days/weeks by eating slightly less and ramping up my exercise a bit (I ran a 10K on Xmas day) I’ve had a fantastic holiday and hope you all have too! :)

That's me, except only about 10 months in maintenance. Monday and yesterday I went way over and likely will today - it's my birthday. But I weighed this morning and I am still 2 pounds below my upper limit. This weekend is likely to be extremely cardio intense and I will keep a deficit goal for a couple of months and get down lower in my range again. I can't do intuitive eating, so I still track everything in maintenance. I have grown accustomed to it. Having a goal that's maintenance or one that's a little lower really doesn't change much.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    sick since 12/21 so...no damage done. :#:#
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited December 2018
    177 pre Christmas. 175 post. 176 2 this am. Though I am ok with some weight gain.
  • foxtrot1965
    foxtrot1965 Posts: 133 Member
    i could have done better at dinner, but did great at breakfast. Had a few too many glasses of Proseco, but did somewhat ok on the desserts. Got on the scale, and this morning I was down a lb :)
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    I did good, surprised myself.
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Not bad enough as i'm still the same weight even after eating at least a quarter of the food out on the table.
  • joaniebalonie088
    joaniebalonie088 Posts: 93 Member
    I just quick-added 4,000 calories, and enjoyed my day. I ate a lot and think I'll stay off the scale for a few days just for my mental health ;)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I took the 24th and 25th off logging, 24th ate sensibly (I'm in maintenance and looking to wean off logging but it's going to take a while) and yesterday planned and ate a few things I just felt like that I'd have denied myself on a regular day. Morning oatmeal and an apple, and a quick workout was followed by a breakfast casserole with cheese, bacon and tater tots, and toast. In the afternoon I ate a medium sized bag of cheesy/caramel corn and a bag of peanut chocolate bark. I made some butter cookies and had a few of those. In the evening I roasted a turkey breast and we had veg and gravy and some bread rolls. Not terrible, up a little, no damage done though.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I didn’t log the past 2 days, but the scale is only up 1.6lbs so I don’t think I actually did any major damage. Back to logging today and I may or may not exercise. I am still feeling exhausted from the past 2 days and lack of sleep. Thinking I might benefit from 1 more rest day.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Not suprisingly I didn't eat much since my husbands grandparents don't cook ...er that great of food and neither did his aunt. Came in under my normal calorie goal for both days!