How bad did you do?

Options

Replies

• leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Went to the candy side of things late last night but back to reality this afternoon! The candy made me feel pretty tired anyways, wasn’t worth it. However I didn’t miss anything I wanted and I have that feasted feeling. I think that’s important in life too. Now back to eating to take care of my body.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I maintained within range of my goal weight... yay! But I’ve been maintaining for 5 years so I know that I can even out any holiday overeating during the next few days/weeks by eating slightly less and ramping up my exercise a bit (I ran a 10K on Xmas day) I’ve had a fantastic holiday and hope you all have too! :)

That's me, except only about 10 months in maintenance. Monday and yesterday I went way over and likely will today - it's my birthday. But I weighed this morning and I am still 2 pounds below my upper limit. This weekend is likely to be extremely cardio intense and I will keep a deficit goal for a couple of months and get down lower in my range again. I can't do intuitive eating, so I still track everything in maintenance. I have grown accustomed to it. Having a goal that's maintenance or one that's a little lower really doesn't change much.

Have a Happy Birthday!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Christmas at my house isn't nearly the feast that Thanksgiving is. We usually do our Christmas dinner on Christmas eve...I had some ham, mashed potatoes, and roasted brussel sprouts. The only thing that makes it really any different from an ordinary meal is the ham and having visitors. Christmas day the kids open their presents and we lounge around all day in our PJs and play with new toys and I make split pea soup with the leftover ham bone...it's just typically not a big eating holiday in my family.
  • cogirljb55
    cogirljb55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Not great here, but back on track today!!!
  • patrickaa5
    patrickaa5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much taking the whole week off since I'll have various family in town until 12/31 - which will mean eating out a lot and a bunch of desserts.

I will continue to log, however. Last couple of days have been a sugar fest, but overall calories have been in the 2,700 range so I shouldn't gain a lot of actual fat. Whatever treats are left on 12/31 will be thrown out, but knowing me, I'll have eaten it all by then.

I pretty much needed a diet break anyway. Jan 16th will be 6 months of keeping track. I have lost about 50lbs in that time frame and have another 50 to go - hopefully by next Summer.
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good. I used my food scale, didn’t go crazy on snacks. I couldn’t make it to the gym on Christmas Day, but got in a walk. Stepped on the scale this morning and dropped some weight😀
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I didn't track the last couple of days but I don't think I did any serious damage since the scale this morning was only up a pound and I ate a lot of prime rib last night. I mean like a whole lot. It was soooo good!

It's a holiday and a good time to take a break from a lot of things. I mostly just paid attention to what I was eating and didn't grab a chocolate every time I went by the dish. :)
  • Dude_It_Is_Time
    Dude_It_Is_Time Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Tamales .. daughter in law brought me authentic Mexican tamales .. and today I caved. I did go to the gym today too. But I totally messed up the diet.
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I allowed myself to eat what I wanted, I still tracked everything though just so I'd stay more aware of what I was eating. It turns out when I give myself free reign I eat about 200 calories over each daily goal. That's not too bad! Besides, today I am back at it so a few days will not undo my work
  • Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    On Christmas I allowed myself to have two cookies. So I think I did pretty well! Glad I didn't eat a dozen!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    I ate over by about 800 calories a day for 3 days. Today I was up .6. No big deal.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I haven’t tracked for the last week or so. I’m taking it day by day, I tracked for almost a year and I wanna see how I do “on my own”.

I haven’t overdone it, really, except yesterday. I had pie with whipped cream and a few more snacks than usual. Probably a couple 2-3 hundred over maintenance.

So far, so good. I’m holding within my usual 2 pound fluctuation, but keeping an eagle eye on it!
  • AnnieGottaRun
    AnnieGottaRun Posts: 33 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Not well. I went into xmas eve in the lower end of my maintenance range...and then, I ate all the things!

It was two days of oscillating between overeating and then feeling lousy. I didn't log much of my food and drank more alcohol than I have for a very long time. The food hangover was real.

Weighed in this morning six lbs up and one lb above my maintenance range.

I'm disappointed because it wasn't that enjoyable. Like I've forgotten that when I consume that much it makes me feel like *kitten*. I just don't have the stomach for eating/drinking that way anymore. (Pun intended.)

I'm not too worried about getting back on track. If anything, this has been a confirmation of how much better I feel when I stay the course.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain any weight. I rarely do now around the holidays. What works for me is to eat lots of protein, low carb/fat throughout the day, then I can indulge and rarely gain any weight, sometimes lose a little. The next day I drink a gallon of water. I had lots of cookies on Christmas Eve and chocolates last night, got on the scale and it hasn't moved.
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Even though I guesstimated and rounded up, I wasn’t too much over maintenance.

On Sunday, we had a big family luncheon and I ended up with a horrible stomach ache. I’m just not used to eating the types and the volume of food as I did in the past! I guess it’s a good thing :)
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I had company during the weekend and we ate lunch out on 12/22, and we had homemade Xmas dinner at night. The next day I was almost 2 lbs over my happy/normal wt. but within my upper allowance. I knew that it was water wt. I didn't log or counted calories for three days but I didn't binge or overindulge either. I had one large glass of Asti on 12/22 and that was the only alcohol that I drank this month, so far. I only had a small piece of chocolate yesterday (a gift from a dear friend).

Since 12/24 until today I am back to my normal weight, so I didn't really gain any weight. I am back to logging but not too accurately because I still have left overs. I am happy!
  • ataraxial
    ataraxial Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Not near as bad as I wanted to.
  • Jadesfire93
    Jadesfire93 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It was nice to walk away from the table not being uncomfortably full. I enjoyed the foods I don't eat very often, and stopped with just a little dessert. I did make my cup of traditional after-dinner holiday afternoon coffee like I used to, though, with lots of cream and sugar. And I didn't drink any alcohol because I was the designated driver. The scale did creep up some this morning, but I'm pretty sure that's more hormonal that anything.
    I realized last night just how much I've learned and how far I've come in the 5 months I've been doing this. That was the best part of my Christmas, honestly.
  • jryepin93
    jryepin93 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was over my goal by a decent margin for four days in a row due to various family parties and I enjoyed every one of them fully :)
    No regrets!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Update: sedate Christmas Eve, ate a bunch of weirdness Christmas Day, ate "intuitively" yesterday ie didn't track but ate like I would if I was, and am back to my starting weight already. Scale spiked 3lbs or so and back down today.