MFP to those on 1,200 CALS PER DAY!!

Options
Hi everyone! So.. I haven't been to the gym in about a week due to really bad stomach cramps. However i'm feeling better and going to the gym first thing tomorrow morning. My calorie goal intake per day is 1,200 cals. Since I haven't been to the gym in a week, will eating 1,200 cals per day affect my weight loss? I mean usually I go to the gym only about 3 times a week and on Sundays. I only go for an hour and burn about 300-450 cals doing cardio.

Anyone have progress without going to the gym for a while but staying at their calorie goal intake?? Sorry if the question seems a bit dumb, just feeling kind of guilty. And my diary is open for anyone to view!

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I've lost my weight without doing very much exercise. I've been a lazy bum and all my weight loss has been diet related.

EDIT: but I am hoping to change that....
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I've lost my weight without doing very much exercise. I've been a lazy bum and all my weight loss has been diet related.

EDIT: but I am hoping to change that....

Well congratulations towards your progress to weight loss! :) I've been a bit lazy all 7 days this week!!
  • Lauren_Whitney
    Lauren_Whitney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i eat around 1200 a day, and if i don't exercise I try to lower my calories a little more than usual to offset any gain, because I am smaller and I gain weight if I eat more than about 1500 a day.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Yep! I was on crutches for about two weeks and still lost about 2-3 lbs.
  • 20114liz
    20114liz Posts: 13
    Options
    I posted a question like yours yesterday. The answers i got were that exercising will tone you and make you look better "naked" while not exercising make you look better with clothes on. Those were not my words.
    I have been lazy within the last 3 weeks and have not been working out at all but have not exceeded my calorie goal (except today...had a party). I will begin working out tomorrow again. I think you should go back to working out. It ,makes one feel better.
    The answer to your question...i think...is that you will still lose weight but slowly.
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Exercise or not, you shouldn't drop below 1,200 calories a day. If you don't get enough calories, your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to everything it can, and you'll end up feeling like crap. I eat at least my 1200 and on days I work out I eat back some of my exercise calories if I feel I need them. I've lost weight every week. Sometimes a little under a pound and up to almost 2 1/2 in a week, but always something. Good luck!
  • laumar3012
    Options
    i eat between 1200 and 1300 calories a day and do no exercise under md orders waiting on knee surgery and i lost three pounds last week. granted, i still have a job which requires me to be on my feet 12 hours a shift (i do sit down now and again) and i cant give up my job. in previous attempts (when i wasnt a member here) i always just kept my calories in check, and did little exercise (darn knee has been an issue for a few years). i am strictly getting the surgery so i can go back to exercise so i will fill better, and i hate that i cant exercise, but you only eat 1200 calories a day so i wouldnt worry too much, especially since it was just one week