I'm finally here!

Options
Just getting started back on the journey to a healthier me after two years of just not caring what I look like. Guess I was depressed and didn't have enough sense to realize it.

I was underweight growing up and into my second pregnancy. My weight has steadily grown since I hit 35 until now at the age of 49 I find myself almost 60 pounds overweight. I am realizing that I am an emotional eater and tend to medicate myself with chocolate when I feel stressed or down. Losing weight after menopause is harder than it was shen I was younger. Any tips or tricks from other post menopausal ladies would be greatly appreciated!

I know it is time to get serious about making smarter food choices and making time for regular exercise every day. And so it begins....

Replies

• AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Just getting started back on the journey to a healthier me after two years of just not caring what I look like. Guess I was depressed and didn't have enough sense to realize it.

I was underweight growing up and into my second pregnancy. My weight has steadily grown since I hit 35 until now at the age of 49 I find myself almost 60 pounds overweight. I am realizing that I am an emotional eater and tend to medicate myself with chocolate when I feel stressed or down. Losing weight after menopause is harder than it was shen I was younger. Any tips or tricks from other post menopausal ladies would be greatly appreciated!

I know it is time to get serious about making smarter food choices and making time for regular exercise every day. And so it begins....
  • LKEMPE1
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place and really helps with your weight loss goals. I have fought weight my entire life and I also was in a slump for a couple years just not caring and now I'm ready to go again!!! I lost 6lbs this week.

Lisa

57420.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site so much. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Thanks for your positive feedback. I'm going to take this thing one day at a time. TODAY I stayed under my calorie allotment. Yesterday I walked on the treadmill for the first time in months and months. So far I love using this site and the freindly people I'm finding here fighting the weight battle.

I'm post menopausal which seems to make it harder to lose weight. Anyone who's been there and managed to lose weight.... Puleeze tell me what you've learned about what works and what doesn't. I especially need to target belly fat.