Slow cooker recipes

Options
Does anyone have any slow cooker recipes. Trying to lose weight and find I’m tired most days to cook. So going to start using the slow cooker for easy prep and healthy meals for the family. Today was thinking chicken thigh casserole but does anyone have any good recipes please?

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian so I can't help with your chicken request, but Pinterest has a lot of slow cooker recipes, if you're on there. I don't cook as much as I should (goal for 2019), but I did make a very tasty slow cooker chick pea curry this year (found the recipe on Pinterest).

The Food Network web site also has a lot of slow cooker recipes.

Hope this helps! :)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I made slow cooker London broil for my protein this week

Skinnytaste is one of my go-to recipe websites
  • dauchsmom
    dauchsmom Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any slow cooker recipes. Trying to lose weight and find I’m tired most days to cook. So going to start using the slow cooker for easy prep and healthy meals for the family. Today was thinking chicken thigh casserole but does anyone have any good recipes please?

May I suggest that you acquire an INSTANT POT? They're faster than slow cookers and come in various sizes. They make meal prep fast no matter what you decide to cook.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I use a similar strategy to keep me from ordering take-out. I have a half dozen slow cooker recipes for chicken but none are for chicken thighs. I have thirty minute recipes for thighs.
  • pnash4508
    pnash4508 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Here is a quick one someone gave me: Large canned tomatoes that are spiced with peppers or onions or herbs. Boneless chicken (thighs or breasts). Serve over rice.

Here is another simple and good one we like.
    Beef & Peppers
    2 pounds round steak, trimmed
    2 medium green bell peppers, sliced thin
    1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
    1 cup beef broth
    2 Tbs. low sodium soy sauce
    1/2 tsp. ground ginger
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
    Cut the steak into serving size pieces. Place the thinly sliced pepper rings in bottom of slow-cooker. Arrange the meat on pepper. Mix all other ingredients and pour over meat and peppers. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for about four hours.

As to the instant pot, I have one and love it. I highly recommend them. It is not always feasible for me use though with having to get kids fed within 1/2 hour of getting home 2 days per week so that they can be out the door within the hour. The slow cooker works much better for me in that situation. I cook my rice for both of these recipes in the Instant Pot the prior evening.

• rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/no-bean-turkey-and-sweet-potato-chili/

This turkey chili is one of my absolute favorite recipes! I modify it to work for the slow cooker by following the first 2 steps exactly, then throwing everything into the crockpot afterwards. I usually cook it on low 8-9 hours (or until the sweet potatoes are desired tenderness), but you could also probably do on high for 4-5 hours.
    Usually I make this for lunch for the week so I double everything except the turkey, onion, sweet potato, and water. I also add 2 cans of drained blackbeans (1 can if not doubling the recipe). It's 10/10 in my top 3 favorite meals. (: