Spaghetti Squash

Options
Lesliecs
Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
So I bought my 1st Spaghetti Squash tonight as recommended by a friend of mine. She roasts hers, the shreds it into strands and tops with sauce.

What are you favorite ways to fix it? Looking for some other recipes. Thanks MFP Friends!

Replies

• beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    that's the only thing I've ever done with spaghetti squash, so I guess I wasn't any help. :)
  • deathantaxes
    deathantaxes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    last night, I took half of one, nuked it, shredded it, added two teaspoons of butter and salt and pepper, and ate it with broiled tilapia. Tomorrow, I'm going to try making up the other half as hashbrowns in some form. I don't know how it will work, but it's not a bad thing to try things out of the box.
    :flowerforyou:
  • ckenning
    ckenning Posts: 71
    Options
    I made one for the first time this past week and just loved it. I cut in in half and microwaved it upside down in some water for about 10 minutes. Shredded it...then added I can't believe it's not butter light and fresh chives. We ate it with grilled Tilapia. Even my kids loved it (I added a little shredded mexican cheese for them) My sister in law cooks hers the same way -- but addes garlic and parmesan cheese to hers. Next I'm trying is as my noodles for speghetti.:smile:
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I tried it this week too! Nuked it, shredded it and topped it with homemade bolognese sauce. So yummy. Going to make laughing cow Alfredo and add it to the "pasta" at some point this week! Yummy!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Check out Recipes.com
    They have suggestions on everything. My daughter told me yesterday that she makes spaghetti squash with ricotta cheese, chopped spinach and pine nuts! I didn't get the exact recipe, but she just mixes stuff together and is a genius.
  • lulu1015
    lulu1015 Posts: 10
    Options
    This is my first post- just because I love spagetti squash! My mom always prepared it just like spagetti, a little red sauce and some cheese. I love it, but cant get my fiancé to eat it :(
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I tried it this week too! Nuked it, shredded it and topped it with homemade bolognese sauce. So yummy. Going to make laughing cow Alfredo and add it to the "pasta" at some point this week! Yummy!

Yum.... never thought of melting the Laughing Cow cheese for it...... that sounds like a great idea!