Recording half portions

Options
How do I record half portions of a food item, like 0.5 of an avocado? I can create a food item but I am hoping there is a simpler way. Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Weigh the potion, record the weight in grams.
  • sydwes1
    sydwes1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weighed my eggs this morning. I weighed my lunch. Surprising is that what I thought was 3 oz protein was really lower. Yeah for me!
  • zephyr745
    zephyr745 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for tip on weighing and good news about your portions!!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    While I agree with others about weighing, your original question sounded like it's possible you don't realize that you can always change the number of servings by clicking on the box that says "1" and changing it to .5 (for your example of wanting to log half an avocado). Given that avocados come in a variety of sizes, it would be better to weigh the amount you use.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    While I agree with others about weighing, your original question sounded like it's possible you don't realize that you can always change the number of servings by clicking on the box that says "1" and changing it to .5 (for your example of wanting to log half an avocado). Given that avocados come in a variety of sizes, it would be better to weigh the amount you use.

^^This. Weighing everything you eat is the best way to know how much you're consuming, but it's *especially* important with calorically 'spendy' foods like avocado, peanut butter, cereals, nuts, cheese, bread, etc, that can wipe out your deficit pretty quickly if you're not tracking them accurately. :)