Looking for pregnant friends

Options
Hello, I’ve been a MFP member for a long time... since age 14. I’m 22 now. I’m carrying my first child and I’m in the obese category. I had planned to try and lose before getting pregnant, but life happens. I’m not looking to be on an extreme diet, I just need to manage calories and incorporate the appropriate portion sized food groups. I’m only 15 weeks in and the doctor is concerned that I’ve already gained 10 pounds... which I have to admit, I have not been watching caloric intakes. My biggest goal is to just maintain my weight, however some weight loss would probably be welcomed and is encouraged for me in my situation. Just curious if there are any other pregnant women out there that can relate. I feel like there are not a lot of support groups out there for overweight mothers and I have so much learn. Please add me if you can relate. Give me help and guidance! I know fat shaming is especially hard on moms to be, but thanks to anyone that can lend a hand.

Replies

• JustMeJustEm06
    JustMeJustEm06 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I’m 24 Weeks this Saturday..!

Ultimately, weight loss isn’t bad during pregnancy as long as it’s not drastic or lost in any unhealthy way. I’ve lost weight during my pregnancy mainly due to morning sickness, but it’s finally leveled out and I’m maintaining. The real weight loss will come after the baby comes! Right now just eating healthy and staying active is what’s important.

One thing I’d say is don’t take medical advice off of here without asking your Dr. first. Everyone is different and everyone’s pregnancy and weight loss is different. It’s never a bother to the nurses or your Dr. to answer a quick question over the phone just to make sure you’re keeping yourself and baby healthy! :heart:
  • Ladybug_Sarah
    Ladybug_Sarah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm no longer pregnant, just had my daughter 12 days ago! Add me though, I've been there and know how you feel.
  • JustMeJustEm06
    JustMeJustEm06 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Addin’ ya..!
  • gyrlnxtdoor
    gyrlnxtdoor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just found out I was pregnant and am also overweight. I would love to be in the group also to try to help maintain also. I haven’t had my first appointment yet.
  • amberloses120
    amberloses120 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not pregnant yet, but trying to lose at least 30 before conceiving, with a year end goal weight of 130. Add me if you want!!
  • sarmorris1105
    sarmorris1105 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’m 24 weeks pregnant, please feel free to add me.
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am 12 weeks along. I would love to add more friends!
  • CassaJay23
    CassaJay23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Adding you! I'm 28 weeks with my second. Started my first pregnant big and never lost the 38 pounds I gained and got pregnant at the biggest I've ever been. Lost weight at first then leveled out and now I've gained 7 pounds total so I need to really start paying attention.
  • kentuckykay96
    kentuckykay96 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I’m the same cassajay, I got pregnant at my heaviest too. I’ve managed to lose 10, but put 5 back on this past week and a half. It’s hard to stay with it.
  • Ioana1984
    Ioana1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant at the heaviest I have been in the last decade! I feared the doctor’s appointment as I didn’t want her cornering me for being overweight and pregnant and reciting (again) the complication that an overweight pregnancy implies.
    I just want to enjoy this experience and make the best of it. Trying to eat healthy and check weight constantly. Totally adding you :)
  • EvelineD03
    EvelineD03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just found out I am expecting 3 weeks ago and still unsure about how to best manage my health (I haven’t secured my final obgyn yet). Would love to connect. Definitely concerned about gaining too much.
  • geishatrash
    geishatrash Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too. Add me please! I’m 6 weeks, and in the obese category. I’ve actually managed to lose some weight in the last month, but I’m aiming to just maintain for the first half of the pregnancy, under the advice of my doctor.
  • Junesong109
    Junesong109 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the obese range and am 6 months pregnant. My goal is to maintain, although losing weight would be ideal. I have already gained 30 lbs after previously losing 40. It's frustrating that I've gained what I lost! I would love to add you and have someone to work with. :) And congratulations!!!
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I’m 18 weeks weeks with my third. The cravings have been strong lately! It’s been helping me to log what I eat. Just writing it down helps me make slightly better choices. It would be nice to friends on here that are also pregs!