Thinking of having a breast reduction!

Options
I’ve been considering one for a long time now but I’m a bit apprehensive. Anyone else have one or know someone who has? I’m curious what the outcome was and if the results were positive or not.

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I haven’t, but I just saw an episode of “Botched” and there was a woman that had a breast reduction 20 years ago and was happy with it until her reduced breasts started to “drop” and sag with normal aging but the nipples stayed up where they originally had been relocated to after the reduction. It looked very strange and I’d never heard of that being a possibility from breast reduction, maybe something to ask the surgeon about at the initial consultation though. The doctors had to do surgery to make it look better but in my opinion it still looked kinda weird.
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Can't say I have. I don't even have moobs.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    A friend's daughter had one last year. She was quite pleased with the outcome. I've been thinking about it too.
  • pmv1
    pmv1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’ve been considering one for a long time now but I’m a bit apprehensive. Anyone else have one or know someone who has? I’m curious what the outcome was and if the results were positive or not.

I had one about a year before I had weight loss surgery and I am extremely happy with the results.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    I think it depends who you are doing it for. Dont do it for a man. Unless they are married ...then you may want to consider it. After all how will you get their attention. But I'm with @CookingWithCumin try a new haircut first. Or get a really sturdy bra. Sometimes whitening your teeth gives the illusion that your breast are smaller.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Needing a BMR is not a problem I have, but I did work in outpatient recovery for a while and can say that that surgery is probably the most painful one they did at that facility. Also, the restrictions afterward are for a long time and can be hard to work around, no pushing/holding your weight up through arms or elbows in addition to whatever the lifting and other activity restrictions are. Since I was in the recovery room, I never saw any of those patients for follow up, but I have known a few people who had it though and they both said they thought it was worth it despite the initial difficulties.
    Be sure to have a thorough conversation with your doctor about the risks, restrictions, and any other questions you have. Only you can decide if this is right for you.
    Good luck!

Edited for spelling.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I had a consult for one when I was active duty but the military wouldn’t approve it because of the long-term restrictions - it’s something I’m still considering - as I wear a size 32FF/G
  • fraukazi
    fraukazi Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I know two women who had reductions and are very happy with them. If you're in the UK, MYA has a very useful forum on procedures, you don't have to be a MYA customer to access.
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine had one and was very happy with the results. She was very large prior to the surgery and had a lot of back and neck pain because of it. She feels a lot better now.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It’s not all fun and games @alywei3773

The irony!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    My sister had breast reduction done several years ago. She is quite happy with it.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I did three years ago. It was a painful recovery for sure, but I don't regret it at all. No complications, good results, and I'm heading towards 40 perkier than all my friends, lol.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I did 10 years ago when I was 23. Best decision. I’ve since had 2 children and successfully BFed for 18 months with each. Make sure you do your research and find an excellent surgeon. Recovery is hard for about a week, but I was back at work after the weekend (Friday surgery).
  • kladgeMFP
    kladgeMFP Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Goodbye ta tas 😭