Well, crud. The gym's closed.

Options
What's everyone like to do at home for exercise? The weather is garbage here and everything is closed. I do my usual yoga at home, but I'm a little bummed that i can't go to the gym.

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    ataraxial wrote: »
    What's everyone like to do at home for exercise? The weather is garbage here and everything is closed. I do my usual yoga at home, but I'm a little bummed that i can't go to the gym.

For how long? (Forever, Today, this week...?) Take a break. Missing one days workout won't hurt anything. Might even help in the long run. American Pro Football players strive to get a week off for the playoffs. A light workout at home, stretching, a walk in the garbage weather... Light activity may be just what you need. Happy New Year.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    When this happens to me, I go to Fitness Blender on YouTube and find a body weight only workout to do or find a fun dance workout with The Fitness Marshall.
  • ataraxial
    ataraxial Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    cogirljb55 wrote: »
    You could do "deck of cards". Use a deck a cards, pick an exercise per suit (squats, pushups, crunches..). Shuffle the deck and flip one card over at a time and do what exercise you choose for that suit and the number thats on the card.

I love this idea!!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    ataraxial wrote: »

I try to walk for two hours a day. At this time of year, it gets dark early and the weather can be unpredictable, so I also have a glider in my basement. It's not the greatest piece of fitness equipment by a longshot, but it's a lot better than nothing. I strength-train at home (dumbbells and body-weight mostly).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,197 Member
    Options
    Walk, run, cycle ... or when I lived in Canada, cross-country ski, ride my bicycle on my indoor trainer ...
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Rest.
  • Elijah8468
    Elijah8468 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Have the same problem. When my gym is closed or for some reason I can't make it, I get lost at home lol