Losing inches but not pounds.. Unusual?

Options
I had the goal to loss 8 pounds this month. I've lost only 1.5 pounds despite eating well and exercising more (walking 4 miles 4x a week, walking up stairs, pilates). Now, I have lost one inch on my belly, 2 on my hips and 1 under my bust... Mind you, im not weight lifting...

Why the inch lost but not much pound lost? Please share any advice!

Replies

• andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    muscle replacing fat.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. If you are loosing visible inches then, congratulations! Your doing something right. :wink:
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    A couple of years ago, I lost about 3 sizes, but only about 10 pounds. The scale doesn't work as well for people who do strength training.
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Actually, not to be a nerd, but muscle and fat weigh the same pound for pound, but your muscle is more dense. Good job firming up! Enjoy tracking your inches lost as much as pounds lost. Keep on truckin'!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Could be holding water, could be redistributing weight and you can gain muscle from normal excercise without weights. Mind you it won't b e huge, but anytime we move more than our normal daily routine it is a motivator for your body to look at fat reserves and increase muscle mass and definition. My wife and I are going through a period l;ike that where we don't seem to be losing, I even gained this past week, but clothes are loose and I went from 3xl in t-shirts to 2xl. I'll take inches over lbs anyday. Keep up the great work! Good luck!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. Would you rather weigh less but be the same size? Be happy with those results. And put the scale away for now.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Could be holding water, could be redistributing weight and you can gain muscle from normal excercise without weights. Mind you it won't b e huge, but anytime we move more than our normal daily routine it is a motivator for your body to look at fat reserves and increase muscle mass and definition. My wife and I are going through a period l;ike that where we don't seem to be losing, I even gained this past week, but clothes are loose and I went from 3xl in t-shirts to 2xl. I'll take inches over lbs anyday. Keep up the great work! Good luck!

Exactly, it is probably water weight. I bet you have a week soon where you drop 3-5 pounds to make up for it.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    you've lost alot of weight already and perhaps you are now gaining muscle mass so you're not losing and your body is taking a better form you should be happy you're going to look firm and fit this is the final stage of weight loss now you'll be striving to tone and firm your body not lose weight.