Returning to MFP - what would you do?

Options
Hi all! I'm curious what you would do. I have gained back a lot of my weight due to many reasons that aren't important now. I am ready to get back to it, but seeing this old account and the progress I destroyed really bothers me. Would you suck it up or start a new account? Happy Holidays!

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i kept mine. reminder to myself
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I started over, but my previous name had to do with a specific goal at a specific age and there was a gap of about 4 years. I was way too aggressive back then. I was at the beginning of the loss this time also but listened to reason this time and slowed it down, eating the things I wanted to continue eating at maintenance. I rarely look back over a month, so old entries wouldn't bother me much; it was more about the name.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. For my mental health, I don't know if a daily reminder is a good or bad thing. :) I definitely agree with the missing food entries though - such a pain!
  • brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat. Personally I find it encouraging to know that I’ve accomplished this goal before.
  • eeanneli
    eeanneli Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can delete your old weights if that would help your mental struggles
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    New account, new name, New Year, new you?!?!

If I'm truly starting over meaning the past is gone out of sight out of mind I would start fresh. I did this with my first account, I've had this one over 4 years. So it stuck the 2nd time.

Notify any friends you have here of the change. They will follow.

Best of luck!

• BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    On the same boat here babe, let’s suck it up and get on it!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Just jump straight back in on your old account but enter your current weight. Good luck
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I kept my 2012 account. Granted, I didn't gain too much above my resting/maintenance weight. Seeing my ticker reminds me daily that my formative weight equating that of a Bentley. Driving a Bentley, yes. Sharing its weight, no.
  • exhilen
    exhilen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started over from an account that was decently known and had a 1000+ day streak. Personally, I just wanted the fresh start. It’s completely dependent on what would be better for you.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I lost about 28lbs and then put back on about 40lbs ! But I use the same account as I wanna get the tracker back down!
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hmm - we are all human and sometimes we have setbacks. I’d use the old one and own it. I believe you can reset the weight - and anyone whom you are friends with - all of us have had our ups and downs. Sending positivity your way!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can make a new account, but it doesn't erase the reality of what you have done (just like not logging food doesn't mean you didnt eat it lol)

i came and went on this account many many times before i came and didnt go.