Motivate me

Options
apfranklin65
apfranklin65 Posts: 7 Member
Go to bed most nights with great plans on how to get back in shape, wake up in the morning and all my motivation has gone , what worked for you?

Replies

• MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Fat Before pics hung on my fridge door and on bathroom mirror worked for me.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    If your motivation disappears overnight then you're either not ready to make the changes or your reasons to change aren't strong enough.

Take some time out for yourself and be honest with yourself. What do you want? Why do you want it? How much time and energy are you prepared to commit? Why did you not follow through with your previous plans? Do you not believe in the process?
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Forgetting motivation and going with willpower, enough of that to change the daily routine.
  • dimitriusgladi
    dimitriusgladi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Jump out of bed with enthusiasm, spread your arms wide and say, "Yes! I am Alive!". That's how you motivate yourself. Then drink a glass of water, meditate, exercise and enjoy a cup of tee or coffee. Aristotle, the Greek philosopher said "Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient". Being alive is enough to be happy.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Go to bed most nights with great plans on how to get back in shape, wake up in the morning and all my motivation has gone , what worked for you?

For me waking up those mornings you mention feeling worse than when I went to bed.

I had to devise a plan, write it down and commit to it, the plan wasn't going to do it on its on. If I went on motivation alone I wouldn't have made it very far. Eventually I got excited about it because I finally was waking up feeling better instead worse when I went to bed. Key to all of this, I found things I enjoy doing. :wink:
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    What are your plans that fall apart? Is it working out? Food? If it is fitness related what time are you trying to do your workouts?
  • apfranklin65
    apfranklin65 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Food mainly, i enjoy the training but too much sugar in my dier
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    what-people-think-is-the-hard-what-is-actually-hard-10114092.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options

I'm kinda thinking that's what @dimitriusgladi has before going to bed. My god! :)
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Motivation has to come from within. Yes, you can be motivated by others stories, etc, but that is usually short term. This is not meant to be ugly or un-supportive, just what I believe. Find the reasons why you want to improve yourself and you then have your motivation.