Seeking accountability partner

Options
Is anyone looking for an accountability partner for weight loss-fitness? I am 34, female, mum of 2 under 3, working full-time. In summer I was 61kg lean 20% body fat. Right now I am 75kg 26% body fat. In the last 4 months I have been demotivated, sad and frankly fell off the wagon. I hope to lose 12kg in the next 6 months- is anyone going in the same direction? If so, we could form our little support/accountability group. Please reach out

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am looking for an accountability partner as well. I am 31 and also a mom of 2. I work part time and run a seasonal business.
  • emlavigne
    emlavigne Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I'm 42, mom of twin 8 year old boys, work full time. I've been recreationally active most of my life, but just sort of stopped last year and gained 10 lbs :( This app helped me lose most of the baby weight 7 yrs ago. Need some MFP buddies for the middle aged weight!
  • shelleyrose
    shelleyrose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 48 years old, I am a mom of 2 kids, ages 12 and 15. I home school, and teach a large English class on Tuesdays to home schooled 9-12 year old children. I work 12 hours on Saturdays as a physical therapist to elderly, I help run the boy scout fundraisers for our troop, and I am a yo yo dieter. This time I have gotten myself up past the weight that I gave birth to both of my babies. I hurt my foot a year ago and found it hard to walk for most of the year. My foot is better, not 100% but better. I am going to need support getting out of the ditch. I will try to support you as well.
  • kakemery
    kakemery Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Would love an accountability partner/group. I am a mom to 4 and work FT. I had hip surgery end of March and have gained a ton of weight since then. We had a lot of stuff hit us and it has left me feeling sad and demotivated as well. I just cant seem to get back in the wagon. None of my clothes fit me and I am emotional eating all of the time. I see pics of myself a year ago and I was eating well, cross fitting and fit. Now, I am very overweight and not working out :-(
  • kindofangel2003
    kindofangel2003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    EmLavigne, kakemery, ShelleyRose, AnneElise, welcome and thanks for reaching out. I am thinking we might:
    1) share/befriend through MFP, so we can see each others’ updates/ weigh-ins/ daily goal hits- or misses
    2) join apps? I’m using Apple’s iWatch.

I am headed into a spinning class now! Very proud of myself for getting away from the fridge and to the gym. Fingers crossed I survive it, haven’t done one in two months!
  • emlavigne
    Options
    Kind.... great job on spin! The only workout I've had this morning is telling my kids to stop fighting. 🙄 I use Fitbit, which I believe syncs with MFP, so you should be able to see the progress. More importantly, I've opened my food diary to friends for the visibility. Have a good day ladies!
  • kakemery
    Options
    Nice job kind and emlavigne! I am driving home from holiday today (6hours), so fitness and food are likely going to be mediocre at best.
    I am going to start weighing and tracking all food tomorrow. I need to get back to fitness, but that one is really hard because I work from 7-3, get kids from school, take them to their activities, then get home around 6:00-6:30, do family dinner, check homework, pick up the house and get everyone to bed. That leaves 4am to work out, which is hard because then I dont get enough sleep. When the kids didn't have as many activities, it was easier. Anyone have any tips on fitting things in?
  • emlavigne
    Options
    What do you do after you take the kids to their activities? Do you wait around for them? If so you could spend the time doing body weight exercises like planks or squats. You could also try starting at 5 minutes per day as soon as you get home from work or as soon as you get up, or maybe when you are cooking. Which ever works better for you. That would be my suggestion without knowing more about your life. Remember... your diet is the key factor. You can't out exercise a bad diet. That's what my IPA tells me on a weekly basis. But finding small moments to do movement can make a difference!
  • kakemery
    Options
    I usually watch them and/or work while they are doing stuff. My daughter rock climbs and my gym is right next to hers, so I can workout while she is there. That is only one day/week. I've thought about trying to run when my little boys are in taekwondo, but their classes are split back to back, so they are not in class at the same time. I definitely need to get my diet back in check but my body is needing movement terribly!
  • Nixoncat1
    Nixoncat1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!
    I am 37 and a mom of a 6 year old. Full-time teacher. I was in better shape years ago when I worked part time but have stopped being active and gained 15-20 pounds. Need to find my groove again with tracking calories & exercising. Also, my favorite exercise is spinning! Would love to join your group!
  • angelamarieboyd
    angelamarieboyd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yooooo!
    I am a mommy of 3
    I will be 35 in January . I have gained 50 lbs in the last 2 years. My son was diagnosed with autism and I spiraled into a depression . So someone come push me ! I can handle it xoxox
  • emlavigne
    Options
    Kake- if 1 day a week is what you've got for gym time, then start there. The point is to start and use whatever time you have instead of thinking about all the time you don't have. Try it. See what happens. I guarantee you that you'll feel better about this. :)
  • kakemery
    Options
    Yooooo!
    I am a mommy of 3
    I will be 35 in January . I have gained 50 lbs in the last 2 years. My son was diagnosed with autism and I spiraled into a depression . So someone come push me ! I can handle it xoxox

My oldest is asd, so definitely know how that goes! It can be rough, especially when you are just figuring things out. He is 14 now and while things with him are a bit different, you learn to adapt and it doesn't feel different anymore if that makes sense. For me, I think having a high needs kid makes it even more crucial to spend some time on yourself. It took me a long time to learn that.
  • kindofangel2003
    Options
    Welcome Nixoncat (wonder how you came up with that handle). We are on the same boat. akc09x4ahzov.jpeg

The picture is me in September. Work deadlines, kids’ parties/activities...I let myself eat like there is no tomorrow and put on so much weight that I cannot wear my clothes any more. Yesterday was a low. I ate 4000 calories almost. Silly of me. I was up since 3:40am and just exhausted. I was eating compulsively- to stop myself from collapsing. I hope it’s a new day today. So far, so good.

• kindofangel2003
    Options
    Kake- when the older one does martial arts, I literally carry the youngest one on my shoulders and do squats. 15kg worth haha
  • kindofangel2003
    Options
    Angelamarieboyd- welcome! If you open up your calendar to us we will keep you accountable for eating/not eating :-) do the same with me- i need a strong push!