Where do fitness app results show?

Options
staciw
staciw Posts: 58 Member
edited December 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I think I’ve synced up my Fitbit to my account. Trying to figure out where those activities show up? Yesterday I did 10000 steps and 20 minutes of exercise, but I don’t see that MFP picked it up anywhere. I do see something on my homepage that says 0 Fitbit steps - 5000. Can someone with the app tell me if it seems like I’m good to go or missing something?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Fitbit does NOT send any Activity or Workout records to MFP.

It merely sends the total daily calorie burn which includes those things.

So MFP knows about them, along with any daily activity above and beyond what it assumed you'd do based on your selection of Activity Level.

It then makes a calorie adjustment which includes it all.

So you could have big workout and then sleep for recovery a big chunk of day and get no adjustment.
    You could have no workout and be very active and get a big adjustment.

Now, if you mean MFP is not showing steps (which is one value Fitbit sends), nor showing a Workout Diary Calorie Adjustment (which is based on a value Fitbit sends) - then you may need to confirm an MFP app setting.

This is assuming you did the whole MFP routine of syncing your Fitbit account.

MFP app has setting for Step Source, which enables the send of all the info - when it's set to Fitbit.
  • staciw
    staciw Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply - so if I get an adjustment, I’ll just see that I have more calories for the day?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Well, it's good to turn on in MFP Food settings - Negative adjustments - in case less active than estimated.

Life lesson MFP is trying to teach.
    You do more, you can eat more.
    You do less, you should eat less.

In a diet, a tad less in either case.