Keto beginner

Options
I am looking for friends to get me started and become long term motivators. I do not won't friends that are here to sale me keto products. I want honest people that work hard for their weight loss. Please add me..

Replies

• esejanta11
    esejanta11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have only joined and started today, how do you adjust your Macros on my fitness pal? I am soo confused
  • bobr56
    bobr56 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    e
    esejanta11 wrote: »
    Hi there, I have only joined and started today, how do you adjust your Macros on my fitness pal? I am soo confused

I just changed my goals. Use your computer and go to https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals. The top left box is for your daily nutrition goals. Click on edit. I have not used this in a couple of years and also changed my starting weight at https://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/check_in.
  • Tkimbll42
    Tkimbll42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started on Wednesday I would like to be friends to help motivate and keep on track and accountable.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm looking to start Keto in the New Year. Hopefully we can share tips and recipes... and Keto flu stories :smiley:
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Keto flu is caused by not getting enough salt and electrolytes, it's totally avoidable, don't suffer through, just eat a lot more salt, have some pickle juice, LC Gatorade, whatever works.

I've been keto 15 months for migraine control, and I accept all friend requests...though if you go inactive for weeks or months I will end up dropping you again.
  • Roscotater
    Roscotater Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tried to start doing keto today. Craving sweets really bad. Already over on my protein. I am on prednizone for asthma so that complicates things a bit. Dr suggested 1500 calorie/day diet to lose weight. I have lost 11lbs just cutting calories. Don't do sodas, alcohol, sweets etc on a routine basis. Will keto help with the cravings? Dr prescribed phenteramine but afraid to take it because of possible side effects. Need to lose 25 lbs. Thoughts?
  • jessimia
    jessimia Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Friend me! Just started Keto too😊🙌
  • estults35
    estults35 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Been doing Keto for about 2 weeks besides the occasional meat sweats it's going welll :)
  • Bonhamk86
    Bonhamk86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @roscotater I believe it would. There is an awesome group on Facebook called keto for beginners. This group would be able to help.
  • GIRLPOWER7113
    GIRLPOWER7113 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am on Keto I just add you 😊
  • gatorosie
    gatorosie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto 3 days ago and am new to the Community aspect of MFP. I would love some friends to walk through this journey with too!
  • __Chanda__
    __Chanda__ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    gatorosie wrote: »
    I just started Keto 3 days ago and am new to the Community aspect of MFP. I would love some friends to walk through this journey with too!

I've been doing Keto for the last week. I did it 5 years ago too and was successful with it. Getting my act together after falling off. Feel free to add me.
  • _smartbroker
    _smartbroker Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Heya, keto here! Started in July, lost 44lbs so far. I didn't get any keto flu, and that was with me bike commuting, going to MMA/BJJ class 4 times per week, and strength training with a personal trainer. Maybe I was just always way too sore to even notice the keto flu, but it didn't impact my performance at all. I'm looking to buckle down for 2019, so I'll be pretty active again if you'd like to add.
  • Bonhamk86
    Bonhamk86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Roscotater wrote: »
    Tried to start doing keto today. Craving sweets really bad. Already over on my protein. I am on prednizone for asthma so that complicates things a bit. Dr suggested 1500 calorie/day diet to lose weight. I have lost 11lbs just cutting calories. Don't do sodas, alcohol, sweets etc on a routine basis. Will keto help with the cravings? Dr prescribed phenteramine but afraid to take it because of possible side effects. Need to lose 25 lbs. Thoughts?

Yes! My cravings where gone after day 2.
  • CindyWitter
    CindyWitter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’d like keto friends please. Back to mfp after a hiatus. First time trying keto. Before I tracked to only calories. Most of my former friends are inactive now. I also have PCOS. 4th day on keto. So far so good. Some headaches but they are lessening. Good luck everyone!!