Weight gain, help?

Options
I'm in the process of recovering from a restrictive eating disorder. 3 weeks ago I started feeling hungry all the time. Because of this I lived on total junk because I didn't have the patience to cook. I'm talking donuts, chips, burritos, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. I got on the scale today and I'm 13 lb higher! I'm panicking! Help?!

Replies

• Go4health9
    Go4health9 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That is very very common! You most likely will overshoot your weight but eventually it will level out if you focus on meal planning and exercising In a healthy way (if you are medically cleared to do so). Have you thought about meeting with a dietitian?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Overshoot and extreme hunger is common when recovering from a restrictive eating disorder. Talk to your treatment team.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of recovering from a restrictive eating disorder. 3 weeks ago I started feeling hungry all the time. Because of this I lived on total junk because I didn't have the patience to cook. I'm talking donuts, chips, burritos, chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. I got on the scale today and I'm 13 lb higher! I'm panicking! Help?!

What have your treatment team said?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Contact whoever is in charge of your recovery
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You are taking steps in the right direction (eg: acknowleding your hunger, and not attempting to restrict yourself), but there are still ways to improve. Namely, learning to find balance in your life, and to avoid a cycle of restricting and binging. Get your care team involved, and let them know your concerns about this gain. Let them in, so they can help you further!