HELLO FELLOW WEIGHT LOSERS(:

Options
New to the mfp community...wanted to say hello.

I'd like to connect with some people to help stay motivated.

I am 19 years old, and I want to lose 40 pounds.

Since my junior year of high school, load upon load of stress and tragic events has been dropped on my shoulders, resulting in many unwanted pounds. I started myfitnesspal at 189 pounds, the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I want to weigh 140 pounds..ASAP! I am currently taking Phentermine pills once daily, as well as receiving Vitamin b12 injections twice weekly.
Anyone else on a similar diet/plan?
Share your ideas, tips, meal plans, etc. with me, it would mean a lot :)

Thanks everyone!
HAPPY LOSING :)

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Darling, eating right and moving more works! I dont know how much Phentermine pills cost but i would stop and invest in some running shoes. I do Zumba and it amazing for a calorie burn.
  • JJLive
    JJLive Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Phentermine works great, just remember to eat quality food, and enough of it! Feel free to add me if you want =)
  • corrine_b
    corrine_b Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I have only began taking Phentermine and b12 injections for 2 months to increase the results of eating right and exercising. (I am preparing to look my best for a wedding this Labor Day!) As soon as the wedding passes, I am definitely cutting the supplements. Too expensive to upkeep! As of now, I'm on a 1200 calorie diet and going to the gym from 1-2 hours a day. I LOVE Zumba! I am having trouble finding a good local class though, my gym only offers on class at a time which I can't attend :(
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I'm on Phentermine and Topirmite and having good results. Lost over 20 pounds in 3 weeks. Problem I have is I don't sleep and I have to force myself to eat! Welcome aboard!!!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You should not take diet pills their not good for anyone. Best diet there is the hard way, watch what you eat, and burn more calories then what you consumed.. That's it.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    lol love the title.
    we're the same age =] !
    that sounds like an awesome plann..
    i've lost over 20 lbs so far, and i'm looking to maintain at 5'8.5" 130ish pounds =P add me if you wishhh
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    You should not take diet pills their not good for anyone. Best diet there is the hard way, watch what you eat, and burn more calories then what you consumed.. That's it.

they're*
    than*

don't be mean lady :P you're not one to talk :D !
  • corrine_b
    Options
    I'm on Phentermine and Topirmite and having good results. Lost over 20 pounds in 3 weeks. Problem I have is I don't sleep and I have to force myself to eat! Welcome aboard!!!

What is Topirmite? The Phentermine does not curb my appetite that severely. I've just managed to have an easier time choosing not to mindlessly snack or eat when I'm bored
  • corrine_b
    Options
    barbiex3:
    I added you, thanks for the request :)
    I am 5'7... want to be around there too 135-140. Great job on your weight loss! I hope to be that far soon enough.
  • corrine_b
    Options
    JJLive:

Added :)
    Thank you.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

What is Topirmite? The Phentermine does not curb my appetite that severely. I've just managed to have an easier time choosing not to mindlessly snack or eat when I'm bored

Opps it's Toprimate, I guess it's a pill that works well with Phen. I know the Dr. is having me do monthly check ups with blood work and the whole jazz while on both though. I literally don't sleep but a couple hours each night and I have a TON of energy. I barely broke 1000 calories today as well. I am going to be contacting the Dr. about that because it's hard to get in a good eating habit when you aren't eating.

I'm surprised you got put on Phen because my Dr. made it out that you had to have a BMI of over 40 to be put on it, or before he would put anyone on it.

Good luck on your weight loss! We only get one life, time to get healthy!
  • corrine_b
    Options

Opps it's Toprimate, I guess it's a pill that works well with Phen. I know the Dr. is having me do monthly check ups with blood work and the whole jazz while on both though. I literally don't sleep but a couple hours each night and I have a TON of energy. I barely broke 1000 calories today as well. I am going to be contacting the Dr. about that because it's hard to get in a good eating habit when you aren't eating.

I'm surprised you got put on Phen because my Dr. made it out that you had to have a BMI of over 40 to be put on it, or before he would put anyone on it.

Good luck on your weight loss! We only get one life, time to get healthy!

Hmm, I was having that problem too. There are days where I hardly eat anything and then the next day I eat a lot or a normal amount. It messes up my eating habits and schedule.

That's strange, though. My doctor never brought up anything about my BMI. She just gave them to me. I also get 2 Vitamin b12 shots a week. The only requirement was to have normal blood pressure. They won't administer either to people with high blood pressure.

Thank you & good luck to you as well!