Your favorite wheat / grain bread.

Options
I have at least 2 or 3 slices of bread everyday.. it's my favorite. Of course it's either whole wheat or whole grain.

My favorites are Ezekiel 4:9 whole grain low sodium bread and.. Sara Lee's 45 cals per slice whole wheat or grain bread. :)

What are your favorites? And who here has bread everyday? But of course still follows up on there calorie goal intake per day with healthy food? :)

Replies

• hhan
    hhan Posts: 74
    Options
    My personal favourite at the moment is seeded rye soughdough.

I definitely don't have bread everyday, in fact I haven't had any for 3 weeks despite the fact I actually love it. I just can't stop eating bread once I start, so I figure I'm better off not to start at all.

I also LOVE Turkish Bread. I used to eat it a lot with cheese, tomoto and bacon (plus a sprinkling of mixed herbs) grilled on top. :love:
  • DSummersCM
    Options
    I'm a bread junkie too! I love the 12 grain and 9 grain breads, but they are 100 calories per slice. I have 1 or 2 slices each day. I have never tried the Ezekiel bread but have heard about it.
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    bread is not my friend...:ohwell:

when I do eat bread, I prefer Silver Hills Max Flax, sprouted grain bread.
  • PenTool
    PenTool Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love bread. I used to bake my own. It was hard to leave bread behind. The only bread I eat now is Arnold Multigrain Sandwich Thins. They are wonderful, very tasty, healthy, just the right size for a 300-350 cal sandwich, and only 110 cals for each "bun".

And, although not technically a bread, I also eat Wasa Multigrain Crispbread. Very healthy and they satisfy the need for "crunchy".
  • MJStory
    MJStory Posts: 42
    Options
    I like all of the breads others are mentioning, but I recently went to buying at Sam's Club & found Milton's MultiGrain Bread: 1 slice has 120 calories, 26grams long chain carbs., 1 gm fat, & 4gms protein. The slices are a little large, but perfect to cut in half for a sandwich! The bread has a nutty taste that I love.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Monks whole wheat... smoothest and most moist (moistest?) that I've found. Also the only ww bread my kids will ever choke down.
  • MyNewLeaf
    Options
    I specifically started buying this (not cheap) brand because I had some at a friend's, and Really loved the taste.

Trying to cut down on gluten and grains when possible, so I started eating Udi's gluten-free White Sandwich bread. It is not made with stripped, processed white wheat flours. It's made with brown rice flour and tapioca to be gluten free. 2 slices are only 150 calories.

I lose weight better with gluten-free grains. My body is just happier. And it's still relatively whole grain, even though the bread looks white.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    The bread I bake myself. Whole grain, just quality flour, yeast and water, nothing added. I bake about 4 loaves a week for the family, don't eat much of it, but the first slice when it's fresh from the oven is always for the baker, haha!
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    stonemill bakery.... 2 slices @ 120 cals and 23 carbs. This depending on the type but they are not more than 130 cals and 24carbs for 2 slices. I have not seen anything as good as that
    this is in Canada so...
    I eat min 4 per day, sometimes 7..... It does not do a thing to me.

love it!!!
  • Cornpuff32
    Options
    Rockhill Bakehouse - 8 Grain 3 Seed Bread! It's filling and delish....I used one grilled slice in a salad the other night...very tasty.
  • anelahm
    anelahm Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    im a carbs addict. i like ezekiel bread too, i used to always eat the low sodium one...but recently i switched to the genesis 1:29 bread. and i love the ezekiel cinnamon raison bread with adams natural chunky peanut butter is sooooo gooooooooooood!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have a sandwich for lunch every day. Right now I'm using the Arnold double protein multi-grain bread.