KETO

Options
I’ve decided starting next week I’m gonna go keto...looking for friends who are low carb and may have some recipes to share! Feel free to add me! 🙂
Thanks.

Replies

• bbiggs84
    bbiggs84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat. I have heard several people talk about it. I know the first week or 2 will be rough. Really looking for good recipes.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest a slow adjustment rather than an all at once approach. In the meantime doing some proper research into the benefits (0 for weight loss alone unless it helps with satiety levels) and how to avoid some of the common side effects like keto flu.
    Wishing you the best of luck.
  • SunkissedBrownSugga
    Options
    Thanks for leaving this group open for others to join. I am new to Keto and plan to start on Jan 1st officially but I have been experimenting with it and intermittent fasting now. I'm trying to see during which hours. I feel fine and not thinking of food. I am also noticing when I feel truly hungry. I just need help along the way for someone who has been doing this for a while. I will be eating very mono but changing the meal each week as not to become bored. I am also wanting to start and do extreme keto as stated by Dr. Berg on YouTube. Sorry if I'm ranting on but thanks.youtu.be/mlJRSebJ0XA
  • SunkissedBrownSugga
    Options
    My first recipe for Week 1

Italian Sub Salad:
    3 leaves romaine lettuce, chopped
    8 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce
    1 Roma Tomato (or a half tomato if your macros are a huge concern) *No Tomato For Me*
    1 slivered ring red onion
    1-2 tbsp Italian olives
    1tbsp banana peppers
    1 serving size portion of mozzarella cheese *1oz BelGioioso Fresh Mozza Pearls for Me*
    1 tsp Italian seasoning
    3 thin slices old world pepperoni *Daniele sandwich Meat Trio (Nitrate Free) for Me*
    3 thin slices of old world Genoa salami *Daniele sandwich Meat Trio (Nitrate Free) for Me*
    3 thin slices of old world hot capiciola ham *Daniele sandwich Meat Trio in Hard Salami (Nitrate Free) for Me*
    (These meats are optional, substitute whatever type of Italian meat you like)
    Black pepper to taste
    2 tbsp Italian sub dressing (recipe below)
    2 tbsp mayonnaise (optional)

Italian Sub Dressing:
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1 tbsp red wine vinegar
    1 tbsp Italian seasoning
    Pinch of both salt and pepper to taste

1. Wisk all ingredients together and let sit for at least an hour.

2. Toss salad ingredients together with dressing and enjoy!!!
  • Nixonz
    Nixonz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I started quite some time ago I jumped right in and the heart palpitations were crazy for 3 days as I entered ketosis

Then went away soon after

There are so many sites that have recipes these days for keto.

I am a pretty basic eater so it is easy for me to eat leafy green salads, seeds, nuts with lots of meat and fats

Welcome to the best decision you can make to feel better than ever
  • Shirupam_Arora
    Shirupam_Arora Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I starting second round of Keto after a year now. In the same boat . Fell free to add me
  • julieakana
    julieakana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I had done keto while preggo and really liked it so I’m back now that I’m done nursing (for the most part). Just started today and literally want to weigh myself every hour! LOL ready to be fit for 2019! Every year the past 6 I’ve been preggo or nursing so I’m excited to focus on getting fit!!