Just curious...after Christmas scale phobia

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
Is anyone else afraid to gwt on the scale after the holidays? I was etter than past years and still am wanting to delay getting on the scale... but how long?! Lol 🤔🙄😋

Replies

• PumpJockeyy
    PumpJockeyy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    After a few days of normal eating the Christmas bloat should be gone so anytime after that I'd say haha
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale Thursday...same weight as I was before Christmas...you really can't do a whole lot of damage in a day or two of festivity.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    Me! Not for another week
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I got on it. It was up 5lbs. Next day, dropped 3lbs. Today, back to my normal weight. Nothing to be scared of!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Bad. So bad. I got on. Regretted it instantly. Do I stop? No, I keep getting on. Keep regretting it! Really really bad stuff there
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My normal weigh in day is Sunday so I will weigh in then. I'm not anxious about it. It is just some data. If I am eating the right number of calories I will eventually lose weight no matter if I step on the scale. If I am retaining water it will go away eventually too. I wil still be looking at the longer term trend rather than one weigh in.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    If I were to keep eating 'holiday style' then I might be afraid. :smiley: Holiday bloat goes back down in a few days.

The scale will show what I weigh on any given day, usually not the same weight anyways (I use a weight range), its the longer term trend that will matter.
  • amunet07
    Options
    i waited 2 days and weighed... i was up .4 of a lb. I really wasnt as bad as i was in past years with my eating; so im a little disappointed. Oh well
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Today I weight 2.4 lb less than I did on the morning of the 23rd of December. I've been told I did Christmas wrong. Sorry.
  • amunet07
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @ Jerome Barry. Lol, that is how i would like to celebrate Christmas. Lol... Jealous! Really...i so would of preferred to stay on track and lost
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, some times morning and night. It's crazy to see the fluctuations, but actually good too.

I just keep mind of the trend