Down 93 lbs and counting

i1pqj5afp54b.jpg

I've been overweight since childhood and obese into adulthood. One day I woke up and decided I wanted to make a change. I have two children of my own and I didn't want them following in my footsteps. I was teased in school and I did fine, but I don't want them to have to go through the same. I started my journey January 2010. I lost 75 lbs over the next two years and was maintaining. I received a phone call that my dad had passed away and I was heartbroken. Four months later, my uncle passed away. I went into a slight depression and gave up. I started back to my old habits. I gained all but like 10 lbs back over the course of a couple years. One sleepless night, February 3, 2016 , I was laying in bed staring at the ceiling and made the decision to turn my life around. I was tired of feeling ashamed and embarrassed. I didn't want to go out anymore and was avoiding family and friends because I felt like I let everyone down. I started the next morning on Weight Watchers again and lost 50 lbs before stalling. I switched back over to Myfitnesspal and have been here since. My journey has not been an easy one and its had it roller coaster moments for sure. I know that I will always have to struggle to keep the weight off and to stay healthy. It is now a part of my lifestyle. I choose to eat healthy and exercise daily. I want to be the best version of myself. You cannot pour from an empty cup, so I am making sure to take care of myself and in turn I can take care of those I love.

I hope that my story can help inspire just one person. If it can reach one person and make them think "Hey, if she can do it, so can I" it would make sharing my progress photos worth it. I am not too fond of them but they are me and I am not going to hide who I was and who I am now.

Never give up. Never surrender.

Replies

• Buckyz22
    Buckyz22 Posts: 2,611 Member
    You have done and continue to do an amazing job Keri!!
  • AnnieGottaRun
    AnnieGottaRun Posts: 33 Member
    Amazing job! Your dedication and hard work are truly inspiring! Keep on keeping on, friend!
  • LeslieHuggins
    LeslieHuggins Posts: 41 Member
    Such an inspiration! You look amazing, and I bet you feel that way, also!!!!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    a6vtnejfh6wc.gif<3
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Fabulous job! I love seeing these dramatic transformations! Keep it up!
    I really like what you said about not being able to pour from an empty cup. It certainly resonates with me. I, like many others here I'm sure, had to change how I saw self-care in order to tackle my weight properly. I always felt guilty putting my self "first" over time at home with my kid or whatever. I have finally realized that I'm not being selfish by prioritizing my own health. It seems you are following that same path and I congratulate you on taking care of yourself!!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,307 Member
    Wow, great job!!! You are looking tremendous, and you are certainly going to inspire some people!
  • KishJijTin
    KishJijTin Posts: 37 Member
    My new ur resolution is to lose 77 lbs this time next yr and you are my inspiration.
  • You are amazing.
  • juggalett86
    juggalett86 Posts: 19 Member
    Awesome job!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    You are looking fantastic and you are so right about not being able to pour from an empty cup. Hope your cup continues to overflow in 2019.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Awesome and looking good. I hope to someday post my pics also. I just need to get off the procrastination wagon.
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Amazing!
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Nice job !
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    How inspiring!! Congratulations! I can relate to your point about slipping into a depression after sudden loss and letting your good habits go. I did the same. Glad you turned it around and are enjoying renewed health! Happy new year!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Wow, I am an emotional eater also. This time I know I am like an alcoholic, food numbs me from any pain. I have to feel pain and figure out ways to soothe myself besides eating. I listened to some hypnosis/meditation tapes on weight loss which helped. I had to figure out that I had needs and was meeting them in the wrong way. I was trying not to feel pain. Now I try to come up with healthier ways like calling a friend, water drinking, walking, etc. Before I ate everything in sight not to feel pain, now I try to work thru it finding healther solutions. I lost 30 lbs since summer and some crappy things happened and I was aware. I have always counted calories but not worked on the emotional part.
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Wow! Just wow! Great job.
  • Dame_sans_merci
    Dame_sans_merci Posts: 74 Member
    Brilliant before and after photos, well done.

You seem to have a similar shape to my before photos so it is really inspiring to see what I might also achieve eventually. Amazing job!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Your spirit and determination to become a stronger woman shines through. You are very inspiring.
  • Fantastic! You really are an inspiration. I have used fitness pal before and it really does work but I let things slip and have regained the weight I lost. I am having surgery on Thursday and I know that I need to lose two stone to get to my perfect weight. My husband and I have a holiday booked for July and I'm determined to work hard to feel good inside and out. Good luck to everyone, it's nice knowing we aren't alone on our journey. Happy New Year everyone 😊
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!