Night workers holla at me

Options
Anyone else struggle with night shifts???

Replies

• PumpJockeyy
    PumpJockeyy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Shift worker here. Definitely takes some extra effort to prep meals and manage a sleep/workout schedule :#
  • nazzystarxxx
    nazzystarxxx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Shift worker here. Definitely takes some extra effort to prep meals and manage a sleep/workout schedule :#

Especially when your colleagues get takeout all the time 😩
  • PumpJockeyy
    PumpJockeyy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just have to be strong!... which is easier said then done :s
  • nazzystarxxx
    Options
    Just have to be strong!... which is easier said then done :s

Just resisted a takeaway as we speak...it’s going to be hard smelling pizza and chips all night 😩
  • ataraxial
    ataraxial Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I live my night shifts, but it's really hard for me to not gain weight in nights I work. Regardless of what I eat. It's frustrating.
  • nazzystarxxx
    Options
    ataraxial wrote: »
    I live my night shifts, but it's really hard for me to not gain weight in nights I work. Regardless of what I eat. It's frustrating.

I’m currently working 7pm-7am and I just have a cut off at midnight food wise otherwise I will definitely gain 😩
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

I’m currently working 7pm-7am and I just have a cut off at midnight food wise otherwise I will definitely gain 😩

Do you cut off when you are working the shifts too? I usually eat a meal on my break at 2 a.m. and then try not to eat after I get off at home, which is really tough to do.
  • michelleg85
    michelleg85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I work 7-7 I try to eat something small in the middle of the night, and then I eat a small breakfast when I get home. Usually a bowl of cereal. That way, when I go to sleep, I am not starving and can actually get a proper rest.
  • nazzystarxxx
    Options

ereck44 wrote: »

Do you cut off when you are working the shifts too? I usually eat a meal on my break at 2 a.m. and then try not to eat after I get off at home, which is really tough to do.

I have to cut off at 12 otherwise it just gets out of control And I sleep as soon as I finish at 7am and normally ok hunger wise 😊
  • ataraxial
    ataraxial Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right. After midnight my self control starts to dwindle 😂 if i dont portion out exactly what i want to eat and when, I'll graze all night. No bueno
  • nazzystarxxx
    Options
    Sounds about right. After midnight my self control starts to dwindle 😂 if i dont portion out exactly what i want to eat and when, I'll graze all night. No bueno

Or join in the takeaway feasts which are the best and worst 😂
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Nah. I like 'em!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on 6pm-6am (we rotate though so half of my shifts are 6am-6pm).
    I have a little meal prep cooler with 3 individual meal containers in the passenger seat of my car.
  • nazzystarxxx
    Options
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    I'm currently on 6pm-6am (we rotate though so half of my shifts are 6am-6pm).
    I have a little meal prep cooler with 3 individual meal containers in the passenger seat of my car.

I defo need to start doing more meal prepping 😬
  • Lookingforabettame
    Options
    Hi, I work from 1900-0730, seven days straight, and it's rough deciding what to eat, I have been using the myfitness app to help situate my eating habits. It's been working pretty well, lost four pounds so far.
  • nazzystarxxx
    Options
    Hi, I work from 1900-0730, seven days straight, and it's rough deciding what to eat, I have been using the myfitness app to help situate my eating habits. It's been working pretty well, lost four pounds so far.

Wow well done I’d definitely struggle with that. How do you even have time to prep food and have a life 🙄
  • ErickGuzman
    ErickGuzman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I struggle , I sometimes over indulge on chocolate or protein bars
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I joined this site because there was no help for "weight gain during the night shift advice." I have lost about 30 pounds. 42 pounds total since trying to lose weight. Recently have stopped eating when off work. Really hard. I have been on the night shift nearly 20 years.
  • amiewilder
    amiewilder Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I work 2pm-10pm/11pm Mon-Fri then have a second job that I work Sat night from 6pm-4am and Sun from 1pm-8pm. It is hard to have time to plan meals.
  • K9008
    K9008 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I work 4pm to midnight. Meal prep is key for me. My coworkers order out all the time so if I'm not prepared it's very difficult to avoid unhealthy food. I go to the gym after work. I used to do 12 hour shifts overnight and it was allot harder to get to the gym after 12 hours. I've noticed if i time my pre workout right that helps allot with getting to the gym. I'll take it about 1140 at night so by the time i leave i have so much energy it's hard to skip the gym.