Have you ever seen a squatch?

Options
I hiked the Lime Kiln trail today. A warning sign at the trailhead said there are no bears or mountain lions, but there have been many reports of Sasquatches in the area. (Another sign warns of meth heads breaking into cars - take your valuables with you.)

Well it's a cloudy, rainy day, and the trail just gets darker and squatchier the deeper you go. Eventually I slipped on a polished log. In all the miles I've hiked, I've never had a fall like this. Shoulder hit the ground, legs were up in the air, I started to roll ... and that's when something big came running through the brush and down to the river below.

I didn't wait around to see what it was; it wasn't a bear or a mountain lion. So I gingerly rushed back to the car. I realized it was a trap, rolling must be what saved me, the macros look pretty good for boiled hiker.

Have you ever had a Sasquatch encounter?

Replies

• HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    No, but I would love to. I find your story intriguing. I look forward to other replies. Why not?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I have had two close encounters with giants. The first was when I was six. It was a cow munching in a glade of bamboo (I was in the tropics).

The second was a moose crashing down a hill at Elk Island Park.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    No but I've been in the mountians in Yosemite camping and heard this weird scream like half animal half woman.

I think it was a mountain lion though. Unsetteling when all that's between you and it is a canvas tent and its pitch black outside:).
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    No, but I will be running "The Frosty Fat Sass" next month in NJ. :D

abda5w82oyap.png
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    No, but if you start a ghosts thread...
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Not seen a squatch but I’ve seen millions of snakes that are remarkably good at mascarading as sticks.