Beginers help?

Options
So, I used to use a cross trainer a lot but havnt used it in half a year, and i now dont have one in my house. Running i find really difficult and i just tried skipping and OMG i must be so unfit. I can only really do 5 mins total with little breaks inbetween. I know i need to build up, but apart from walking which i do a fair bit of, what else would you suggest i try and do?

Replies

• kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi, for running try the C25K program, it starts you off at 30 seconds running, 90 seconds walking and builds you up over 9 to 12 weeks depending on which app you get (mine was £1.99 in itunes (by Bluefin). Really good way of building stamina up. Also for calorie burn try swimming, breast stroke is best for this. Let me know how you get on.
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    Can you jump rope? Heard that is equivalent to jogging.
  • fieldfare
    Options
    Maybe try some of the free online workouts at Thinqfitness.com? There's loads to choose from, and different levels from beginner to advanced. Lucy Case's workouts are great, she's motivating, friendly and offers lots of sensible advice, includes a warm-up, cool down and stretches. Her Fun workout and the Over 40s one are both good for me.
  • Nuclear_Synthesis
    Options
    Can you jump rope? Heard that is equivalent to jogging.

Thats what i meant by skipping. Thats what its called in the UK, i find it really hard! It used to be so easy when i was 10 years old
  • Nuclear_Synthesis
    Options
    Maybe try some of the free online workouts at Thinqfitness.com? There's loads to choose from, and different levels from beginner to advanced. Lucy Case's workouts are great, she's motivating, friendly and offers lots of sensible advice, includes a warm-up, cool down and stretches. Her Fun workout and the Over 40s one are both good for me.

Oh thanks, i'll have a look