What runs are on your spring schedule?

Options
Cherry Blossom 10 in our beloved nation's capital and a half in Frederick, Maryland shortly thereafter.

What are your running? Have you run it before? Did you like the course?

For me, this is my 3rd 10miler for the Cherry Blossom. An awesome, organized beautiful race. The Frederick half is smaller, hilly, and quiet. I run it more as a tune up to stay sharp for other runs.

Replies

• garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Austin 1/2 marathon in February. Austin Cap10K later.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    I did a 10K in late November ... right at the end of spring. Spring 2019 is too far away to plan.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    I'm running a marathon in Myrtle Beach on March 2. I've never run this one before. If I recover quickly, I may do a HM in April.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I’m on a relay team for the Big Sur Marathon, running the last leg (9 miles), and also looking for a spring HM. I typically run a local 10k in mid-February as well.
  • VolsG8rH8r
    VolsG8rH8r Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I haven't run a race in a long time but I've been tempted to train for the Marine Corp Half Marathon in Fredericksburg, Virginia. I have a running buddy that runs many races a year and he loves that race.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Just ran 12K ... my longest run ever. I am hoping to do a half-marathon in mid January (mid-summer) ... but I'm not 100% sure.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    RED January for me, and then half marathon training starts in Feb, race in May.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    At the moment, only a 12 hour event in May. Possibly a Half the following day as well, but I'm undecided at the moment.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Probably a half marathon sometime in January, and then the LA Marathon in March that I’ve been actively training for.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Two 1/2 marathon's (3/9 and 4/6). This completes a 36.2 mile challenge in which I do the 10 miler late November 2018. The 10 miler runs on a portion of the 3/9 1/2's course. Some challenging hills in our downtown district for sure.

I also do an 8k and 10k late spring and mid summer. I've done all these races for the past 4 years, love doing them all, from focusing on speed for the shorter one to going the distance on the l/2's. :smile:
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bay to Breakers in May.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Disney Princess half in February, Pittsburgh half in May, Pittsburgh Great Race in September, and hopefully the Richmond Crawlin Crab half in October.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    BAA 5k the weekend of the marathon, Patriots day weekend. But it sells out fast, I've only been able to run it 3 out of the 5 opportunities I've had.

Probably more will pop up, but that's one of my A races
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Shamrock marathon in March in VA beach (and if I’m crazy enough I’ll do the whale challenge - so the 8k the day before)
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Shamrock marathon in March in VA beach (and if I’m crazy enough I’ll do the whale challenge - so the 8k the day before)
    My hometown!! What a wonderful, flat course. It is so fast!
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Barfly57 wrote: »
    Bay to Breakers in May.

I have heard so many good things about this run. Wrong coast, unfortunately.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK
    24 March- Colchester half
    14 April- Brighton Marathon
    28 April- London marathon
    19 May- Colchester stampede 10km

I'll probably be adding a few other races but they're the main ones for the first half of the year
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    My hometown!! What a wonderful, flat course. It is so fast!

It was my first half/marathon back in 2006 (I think)