Fitbit calories inflated?

Hi all. My Fitbit is synced up to my fitness pal. But the additional Fitbit calories must be inflated or at least they seem that way to me. For example I walked 12 K steps today and it's adding 750 calories... I am a 5 8 female, it doesn't seem plausible that I would expand that many calories. Can anyone share their Fitbit added calories for reference? Should I disregard these added fitbit calories when calculating how much to eat per day?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    dailyzey wrote: »
    Hi all. My Fitbit is synced up to my fitness pal. But the additional Fitbit calories must be inflated or at least they seem that way to me. For example I walked 12 K steps today and it's adding 750 calories... I am a 5 8 female, it doesn't seem plausible that I would expand that many calories. Can anyone share their Fitbit added calories for reference? Should I disregard these added fitbit calories when calculating how much to eat per day?

What is your activity level set to? Your FitBit should be comparing your actual activity against your stated level. Are you "done" for the day? A FitBit is a 24 hour cycle.

Double check the settings and give it a few days. Many find their FitBits to be fairly accurate. This thread is great for answering questions: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member

I dont know Im 5'6 1/2 and for 12000 steps I get about 600+ so you being taller its possible its accurate. it also depends on your weight and age too. Im 44 and about 180.so its highly possible its correct.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I get a glitch now and then, but for the most part my FitBit jives pretty close with my own data. I don't have mine synced, I just go by total calories on my FitBit which gives me in the neighborhood of 3,000 calories to maintain, so If I want to drop some weight, I just eat less than that.
  • dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    TeaBea wrote: »

What is your activity level set to? Your FitBit should be comparing your actual activity against your stated level. Are you "done" for the day? A FitBit is a 24 hour cycle.

Double check the settings and give it a few days. Many find their FitBits to be fairly accurate. This thread is great for answering questions: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1
    thank you! Super helpful thread!