keto-ish time

Options
Wonder what it would be like to actually try to look the best I can look… I've always had 20 pounds extra on me, sometimes 50… I decided, at the age of dyslexic 35, it's time to really try. I've done whole 30, I know what foods to avoid, I did the fat free thing years ago-does not work for me. At kins diet is the healthiest for me, flipped my HDL and LDL #s to where they needed to be... I know I don't exercise enough… But I'm not a complete couch potato. I'm just looking for others who are in a similar boat… Perhaps we can help each other stay afloat, and reach our goals.

Replies

• gassenav
    gassenav Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes! 35 here too and time to get serious for real! Toying with doing Keto. Add me?
  • jinxykb
    jinxykb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm in the same boat. I have 40 more lbs to lose and my HDL/good cholesterol is too low, per the doc. Did some googling and Keto came up over and over, so here I am. I'm on week 3 and so far so good! I really am enjoying it and am feeling good. I haven't been tracking anything until today and I've still lost 11 lbs. My tip for those just starting is to clean out your cupboards and really stock up on all the basics; and, use a meal plan for the 1st month.