The only real way to lose weight

I rediscovered this trick to losing weight. Over the Christmas period I have actually lose 2 kilograms of weight. How ? I hear you ask. Was it keto ? was it atkins ? Was it the famous Brussel Sprout diet ? NO. It was catching a nasty case of the flu.

A few years ago I went to India and spent the following week losing weight.

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,977 Member
    Well, yes. most people lose weight when they get sick

Hope you get better soon.
  • dimitriusgladi
    dimitriusgladi Posts: 13 Member
    I lost 3kg this way, when I had gastroenteritis.
  • derbygraham
    derbygraham Posts: 47 Member
    @paperpudding Thank you. On the mend now and getting better every day.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited December 2018
    My sister passed on gastro one Christmas as a lovely present. Except for my sister, we were fine for a lovely Christmas day feast but the following day or so weren't pleasant in the slightest. Kind of wish my sister had stayed at home that year.

Hope you start feeling better soon.
  • derbygraham
    @Lillymoo01 Thanks for your kind wishes. Feeling great today after a week of illness. Now down to 81 kg from 85kg last week.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    I know someone who lost 30 pounds in one day. They had a massive benign tumor and it was surgically removed. They also lost another 40 pounds or so during the recovery process and had to gain some of it back afterwards. They went from "obese" according to BMI calculations to underweight in a few months.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Nine years ago, age 54, I caught the flu. I was pretty fit at the time and ended up with what I called my swine flu abs.

b36fcnbm400o.jpeg
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    I rediscovered this trick to losing weight. Over the Christmas period I have actually lose 2 kilograms of weight. How ? I hear you ask. Was it keto ? was it atkins ? Was it the famous Brussel Sprout diet ? NO. It was catching a nasty case of the flu.

A few years ago I went to India and spent the following week losing weight.

Is that you Dwayne Dibley??? :D:D:D
  • derbygraham
    @laurenq1991 I hope you acquaintance is doing well. @pogiguy05 I borrowed Dwayne's picture since I have been told we could be dopplegangers. Whenever I tried to upload a picture the system reported me to the ugly police.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    A friend beats all of us for how much weight she lost one Christmas Day. I don't know how much but it was significant. She had a baby.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!