lose an inch or 2 in 26 days?

Options
Is it possible to lose at least an inch across my back/bust in 26 days? I am a bridesmaid for my friend on 16th September and my dress is gaping by an inch at the back. I am swaying between having alterations done by a dress maker or fitting into it, I don't want to leave it to the last minute and then not be able to get it altered in time. I've already dropped a dress size but that area seems to be the last to go. I suppose I just want to know if it's actually possible in the time frame of having 28 days left?

Replies

• leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I beleive it is possible
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    thanks, I'm starting to panic that if I can't do it, that it will be too late for alterations. I'd rather fit into the dress than mess around with it.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 inches in my bust in about 2 months so its doable. But everyone loses different. Id just keep at it! If its getting to close (a week or two) and the results arent coming like you want, id call the alterations. Maybe you should see how much time they need in advance so you have a more accurate goal time wise!! But keep at it and good luck!
  • julieannebyrom
    Options
    thanks for the responses, I just had to know that it is actually possible. Positive mental attitude, I can do it! I have been doing 30 day shred and walking along with calorie control, is there anything else in particular that could help in your experience?
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Go out and get 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels, you should lose more than 1" across your chest. I am on day 18 and have lost 5 1/2" all over my body. Good luck!
  • julieannebyrom
    Options
    Go out and get 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels, you should lose more than 1" across your chest. I am on day 18 and have lost 5 1/2" all over my body. Good luck!

I've got it! Heading onto day 3 of level 2 today, those planks kill me :(
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    Sorry I can't help much, but am struggling with the same part, as in I need to loose weigh/inches of my bust and back and can't seem to find anything that's working, grr
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    I lost 4 inches in my bust in about 2 months so its doable. But everyone loses different. Id just keep at it! If its getting to close (a week or two) and the results arent coming like you want, id call the alterations. Maybe you should see how much time they need in advance so you have a more accurate goal time wise!! But keep at it and good luck!
    If you dont mind me asking, what exercises did you do to loose 4inches of your bust? this sounds like the kind of exercise I need to do!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    *sigh

Choosing where your body burns fat from is a complete myth.

Jingly, it is definately possible for a person to lose that much in that time, but without knowing how much you have to lose, it's impossible to speculate. All you can do is lose as much fat as possible in the time frame, even if you have plenty of fat to lose, nobody can tell you which stores will be used first.