i just tried cottage cheese for the first time and...

Options
anelahm
anelahm Posts: 237 Member
*gag. throwing it out. blech. did NOT enjoy texture or taste :/ and it gave me a mild headache.

Replies

• babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    if you want it for nutrition reasons just spread it on sandwhiches or wraps
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    I've not tried it but the thought of it makes me wanna gag lol, maybe one day I'll do it, until now it's staying on the supermarket shelves!
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Barfed.. literally the first time I ate it.. stomach churning when I think about it.. -.-
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I Love it!!!!:love:
  • julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Try straining it through a sieve, pushing with a spoon. then add flavours to it - usual one is pineapple, but take your pick. It makes it more bearable! Or add oatbran to it - that way you're getting protein and fibre at the same time.
  • raychill007
    raychill007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Me too, it's horrible! I also feel sick just at the thought, those rubbery little curds and the milky part.. and the smell :(

Try Quark, they are supposed to be 'similar' but I LOVE quark (it's like a yogurty cheese, no lumps and bumps and disgusting texture) and you can use it as a cream cheese in recipes, or add garlic to it as a dip for meat/carrots, or add fruit to it as a breakfast/desert. It's also FAT FREE! (There are fat versions, but I've never tried them, fat free is tasty enough)
  • anelahm
    Options
    Barfed.. literally the first time I ate it.. stomach churning when I think about it.. -.-

this is how i currently feel. boo :(

thanks for all the suggestions guys, maybe im just not eating it in a tasty way? i will give it a second chance, since i do have a container full of the stuff.
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    its disgusting :frown: infact it smells and looks like babys sick yuk!!!!!!!!!!!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning.....I was thinking of getting some.....
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I've not tried it but the thought of it makes me wanna gag lol, maybe one day I'll do it, until now it's staying on the supermarket shelves!

Me too. I'm scared to try it. I even bought it once with the hopes of trying it but I could never bring myself to do it. I ended up throwing it out.
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    dont throw it out! mix it in the blender w/ a ranch packet use it as dip
  • anelahm
    Options
    i change my mind, i like it now ^_^ hehehe. just took me a second time to adjust to it.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I thought I could eat anything, Cottage cheese made me realize, I can't.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is like Greek yogurt in that there is a HUGE difference in taste and texture between the different brands. I never used to like it either until I discovered some of the "drier" varieties if that makes sense.
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    Options
    it definately is an aquired taste... took me a loooonnnng time to get used to it...and now, that i'm getting my weight on track, i'm back to having it a couple of days a week for breakfast.. and sometimes later in the day as a snack...
    someone above said that there are differences in 'drier' types and 'wet' types... this could be a bit of a challange too.
    don't give up, give it a couple of goes with different brands. i'm a fan of nordica/gay lea... but, that's me :)
    adding various fruits and even having it on a flavoured cracker can make all the difference in the world.
  • luv2runsgf
    Options
    The only kind I like are the Breakstone 2% singles - the curds are small and it isn't watery like some. The fat free is gross though in my opinion. It isn't too bad once in awhile if very fresh and of course the right brand/type. Get the wrong kind though and belch...
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it mixed with pineapple!
  • denimandroses
    Options
    I really like it, but like others have said, some brands are better than others. You just have to find the one that works best for you. In fact, I just had 1/2 cup with a scoop of vanilla protein powder and 1 pkt of Truvia. Works for me, and a little pineapple to top it off makes it even tastier! :smile:
  • anelahm
    Options
    im weird like that. ill try something for the first time. hate it. then try it again, and love it. i can eat it plain and enjoy it. but i get what youre saying about the dry and wet types. the one i got was on the wet side, but i like it. im glad i came around to it, good source of protein, keeps me full, and its versitile.
  • Jillong
    Jillong Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I so agree with you! Lesson learned ... don't eat what you don't like, as you will never enjoy it :sick: