Accelerate HIIT Treadmill Workouts

Options
Does anyone have any experience with these? I found it while scrolling through Instagram, and signed up for one free workout. I haven't tried it yet (that's tomorrow's goal), but wasn't sure if it was worth paying $40 for the online program. I already subscribe to Beachbody and have a gym membership...$40 seems like a lot of money for a few PDFs...

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't pay any money for them. I would do tomorrow's workout and repeat that same one, over and over from time to time. HIIT workouts have been overstated in regards to their benefits.
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love my HIIT workouts
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    HermanLily wrote: »
    I love my HIIT workouts

Why do love them?
  • HermanLily
    Options
    I love my HIIT workouts

Why do love them?

The pace, the feeling like I busted my butt, the heart rates, muscle burn, all of it.

• L1zardQueen
    Options
    I love my HIIT workouts

Why do love them?

The pace, the feeling like I busted my butt, the heart rates, muscle burn, all of it.

How many minutes do you do them? On and off? How many do you do a month? I love a good workout.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    jdr0p_ wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with these? I found it while scrolling through Instagram, and signed up for one free workout. I haven't tried it yet (that's tomorrow's goal), but wasn't sure if it was worth paying $40 for the online program. I already subscribe to Beachbody and have a gym membership...$40 seems like a lot of money for a few PDFs...

Paying any money at all for something off Instagram... If you're questioning it, you're correct.

From a practical coaching perspective treadmills aren't optimal for that because of the lag in the belt speed. If you want to do it, find a track.

Personally, for a sitting intervals session:

1.5 mi warm up at 6 min/km
    6-8 50metre max effort with 200metres at 6 min/km recovery
    1mi cool down at 6min/km

That'll give you a good session, reasonable for a 5km improvement plan. I'd only do that once per week.
  • HermanLily
    Options
    I love my HIIT workouts

Why do love them?

How many minutes do you do them? On and off? How many do you do a month? I love a good workout.

I do a HIIT workout anywhere from 3 to 5 days a week. I do strength training 3 days a week. I incorporate several other things also. Sunday is rest.
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    I love my HIIT workouts

Why do love them?

I do a HIIT workout anywhere from 3 to 5 days a week. I do strength training 3 days a week. I incorporate several other things also. Sunday is rest.

Can you describe this HIIT workout please.
  • HermanLily
    Options
    I love my HIIT workouts

Why do love them?

Can you describe the HIIT workout please
  • HermanLily
    Options
    4pjcupl5vghv.jpg

I love it, after I do 1 set, I can do 2 or 3
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    4pjcupl5vghv.jpg

I love it, after I do 1 set, I can do 2 or 3

Thank you, that's why I was slightly confused; given that the originator was talking about a treadmill.

Light circuit training is entirely reasonable several times per week, a solid HIIT sprint session is debilitating, and doing that more than once a week would be both counterproductive and damaging.

<curmudgeon>

Yeah, it's confusing, isn't it, how people think "HIIT" is an exercise in itself, and not simply a particular way of doing pretty much any exercise?

Hint: High intensity interval training . . . in whatever. The "whatever" part is the part that's important for figuring out calories burned.

The intensity may or may not be a good idea (fast calisthenics, especially for exercise beginners = higher risk of bad form and therefore injury, for example). And HIIT cardio - i.e., max effort in the work intervals - is exhausting, and not the most beneficial for fitness to do daily or near daily . . . not to mention that fatigue tends to lead to less activity in daily life stuff, thus wipes out some of the (usually over-rated) calorie benefits from the HIIT cardio.

If daily HIIT cardio is so beneficial for fitness, why don't national team (Olympic) athletes do it all the time? (Rhetorical question. But trust me, they don't.)

</curmudgeon>

OP, most of what's available on IG is of dubious quality. There are lots of workouts on YouTube, including from trainers and physical therapists with actual decent certifications and knowledge, for free.

If you're enjoying Beachbody, what are you looking for from this paid program that Beachbody isn't giving you? Some specific skill or ability? Just more variety, because you're bored? Something else? If you tell us what you're hoping to get out of this workout, we might be able to suggest some decent quality alternatives that are free.

Yeah, sometimes I get grumpy, but like many people here, I'd really like to help, if I can! :flowerforyou:

edited: typo
  • jdr0p_
    jdr0p_ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think it's more that Beachbody doesn't do really any running. I'm looking for ways to speed up my pace and right now treadmills are all I can do given the weather.
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I do 2 HIIT treadmill workouts per week (Tuesday, Saturday). Usually a 2 min. warm up walk at 4.0, then 30 sec. sprint @ 11.0, back down to 4.0 for 60 sec. I do 10 of those and then a 2 min. cool down at 4.0. I do about a 12 minute ab workout before. 30 minutes and I'm done.
  • MeanderingMammal
    edited December 2018
    Options
    jdr0p_ wrote: »
    I think it's more that Beachbody doesn't do really any running. I'm looking for ways to speed up my pace and right now treadmills are all I can do given the weather.

What's your current pace and target distance, and how do you structure your runs?

As in, are you asking at improving 5K, 10K, HM? How much running volume do you do in a week already?
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    Hiit has a better metabolic effect i.e calorie burning effect than steady paced cardio 👍

I'd be interested to read the articles that support that. The vast majority of credible material disagrees.