Ladies! Buddy Up and Lose Weight--Join the Diamonds! [OPEN]

Options
FIRST, watch the Diamond Challenge Video (less than 2 minutes and if you're at work you can watch it on mute): http://www.youtube.com/thediamondchallenge

****Important note: There is a FOUR step sign-up process listed below. Be sure to follow the 4 steps!****

fuchsia-i-love-diamonds-by-wam-tanks.png

Hi Diamonds!

We are currently seeking anyone interested in "buddying up" for a four week weight loss challenge that begins on Monday, August 21st . The goal is to stick to our diet and exercise goals with a partner. The Diamond Challenge has been around for twenty-two weeks and our ladies love it! The Diamonds Challenge: Round 5 is a REAL commitment, so if you cannot support your partner each and every day, this is NOT the group for you! We expect ACTIVE involvement. Unless you request otherwise,your team leader will select your partner.

You are partnered with your buddy, but you are also a member of a division--Diamonds in the Rough or the Little Diamonds. Further, each division is broken into three color teams. Each week the team that loses the most will get bragging rights and the opportunity to add a digital trophy to their signature. We also celebrate individual victories.

There are ten members on each team and a total of 60 members in the Diamonds Challenge League. (The league typically has 90 members, but one of the teams is on hiatus).

Expectations:

1. Check in with your buddy every day via MESSAGING (not just on forums)
2. Check your division thread regularly
3. Say as much as possible when writing to your buddy and when writing on the forum
4. Post the Question of the Day on your assigned day**
5. Use your team logo in your signature.
6. Submit your weekly loss or gain.

Unfortunately, each round we have to remove a few participants who fail to adhere to these guidelines... don't let that be you!

So, how do you sign up? There are four easy steps!

1. Watch the Diamond Challenge video (Done!)

2. Reply to this thread with your name AND reason for joining The Diamonds Challenge (your REAL reason... tell us what is motivating you!)

3. Follow this link and complete the registration form :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?authkey=CJyH9_8P&authkey=CJyH9_8P&hl=en_US&formkey=dG9XQlYzeUxSUjhqeGxtbzZZRzlELUE6MQ#gid=0

4. CAREFULLY read the The Diamonds Challenge rules and FAQ:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15VrqVzDpGbH-xr4Q4i8GeuNd1zQdGJvJQaP_dntpp9k/edit?hl=en_US

These are the rules for the Little Diamonds, but the rules for the Diamonds in the Rough are almost identical

My Response:

My name is Jamaica, and I started this challenge 22 weeks ago because I was disgusted by what I saw in the mirror. 30 pounds later I am here because I feel empowered in knowing that I can reshape my body and that I can look awesome if I have the support of my Diamonds! I have NEVER been this successful at losing weight and I feel that I truly owe it to these amazing ladies!

Replies

• findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    bump so I can sign up later today
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    hmmm? shall i or shant i?? hmmmm???? :)
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    bump so i can look at after my workout
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump to look at this later! :smile:
  • gemmalu
    gemmalu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm going to give this a go. I need to lose some serious weight because I want to feel healthier as well as looking better. I have tried before to 'buddy' up with my wife but she just doesn't have the motivation and that causes me to lose motivation and before you know it, we're both back at Krispy Kreme! I'm actually quite excited to get started with this and make this work :-)
  • melissaforster07
    melissaforster07 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump so i can look when i have more time
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I want to sign up...bump ;) Will be back later today/tonight
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    Hi, I'm Elle.
    I want to join this challenge to achieve my goal weight with a partner ; since I don't think I can do this alone. I want to be a better version of myself w/ the help of someone, and to help someone as well.
  • ChanMay
    ChanMay Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi! My name is Chantal. I joined MFP because I no longer like who I am. I feel sluggish and tired all the time. Clothes do not fit the way they should. I have started missing out on events because I am embarrassed about the way I look and the final straw was that I have noticed that my 8 year old daughter is starting to follow the same path. I need to make a change for myself as well as her. We both need to get back to feeling healthy and happy!!
  • LittleDiamonds
    Options
    hmmm? shall i or shant i?? hmmmm???? :)

Don't do it! This is a REAL commitment, and if you are iffy there are bunches of other challenges that don't require as much! That's why MFP rocks!
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    My name is Rebekah. I want to join. I have been a part of other challenges but having a personal partner sounds great. I have "friends" on here but they often seem to dissappear or slack off in the encouragement department. I will be graduating nursing school in December and lets face it...........I wanna be a hot nurse!!! I look forward to this challenge. I will fill out the form and other steps this evening! Thank you!!
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    Hello I'm Melissa. I just started mfp a week ago and I'm basically having to change my whole life around with no real support in my home. Everyone is just waiting for me to crash and burn. At times I feel like I am sabotaging myself too. Honestly I'm tired of this way of life. I have some willpower and obviously motivation or else I would not be here but I need more. I feel the challenge will help bring out my competitive side, my group will need me hence I won't want to be the one to disappoint and finally my partner and I will definitely be each others motivation to keep going. I just basically need to get this ball rolling and off me body!!!
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    Hi my name is Jennifer and I would like to join the diamond challenge bc I think it will take me to the next level which is what I'm looking for now. I have been a member of MFP since July 16th and have lost 7#. I'm ready to take it to the next level and I feel that I can accomplish this w/ the support of a buddy and the diamond challenge. No more excuses for me I'm ready to do it, ready for the next level on my journey to a healthier M :)
  • sandislim
    sandislim Posts: 264
    Options
    (Melissa you sound so much like me! Lack of family support is disheartening!)

I would love to join the challenge. I already have a goal of losing weight by the end of September so this will be a real boost to motivation. My name is Sandra and I have been a member of MFP for a nearly a week now. I want to join because I've regained some hard earned weight loss and would love to get back down to the weight I was and continue all the way to my goal. I think succeeding in the challenge would really help my self esteem and commitment levels.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Katie. I want to join this challenge to make some great friends and lose weight! I love the accountability of a partner and team. I have a lot of weight to lose, I have been working with a personal trainer who is helping me achieve my goals. It will be great to have some extra support behind me.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    bump for later this is just what I need. My current challenge is almost over and I need something new..
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    FIRST, watch the Diamond Challenge Video (less than 2 minutes and if you're at work you can watch it on mute): http://www.youtube.com/thediamondchallenge

****Important note: There is a FOUR step sign-up process listed below. Be sure to follow the 4 steps!****

fuchsia-i-love-diamonds-by-wam-tanks.png

Hi Diamonds!

We are currently seeking anyone interested in "buddying up" for a four week weight loss challenge that begins on Monday, August 21st . The goal is to stick to our diet and exercise goals with a partner. The Diamond Challenge has been around for twenty-two weeks and our ladies love it! The Diamonds Challenge: Round 5 is a REAL commitment, so if you cannot support your partner each and every day, this is NOT the group for you! We expect ACTIVE involvement. Unless you request otherwise,your team leader will select your partner.

You are partnered with your buddy, but you are also a member of a division--Diamonds in the Rough or the Little Diamonds. Further, each division is broken into three color teams. Each week the team that loses the most will get bragging rights and the opportunity to add a digital trophy to their signature. We also celebrate individual victories.

There are ten members on each team and a total of 60 members in the Diamonds Challenge League. (The league typically has 90 members, but one of the teams is on hiatus).

Expectations:

1. Check in with your buddy every day via MESSAGING (not just on forums)
    2. Check your division thread regularly
    3. Say as much as possible when writing to your buddy and when writing on the forum
    4. Post the Question of the Day on your assigned day**
    5. Use your team logo in your signature.
    6. Submit your weekly loss or gain.

Unfortunately, each round we have to remove a few participants who fail to adhere to these guidelines... don't let that be you!

So, how do you sign up? There are four easy steps!

1. Watch the Diamond Challenge video (Done!)

2. Reply to this thread with your name AND reason for joining The Diamonds Challenge (your REAL reason... tell us what is motivating you!)

3. Follow this link and complete the registration form :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?authkey=CJyH9_8P&authkey=CJyH9_8P&hl=en_US&formkey=dG9XQlYzeUxSUjhqeGxtbzZZRzlELUE6MQ#gid=0

4. CAREFULLY read the The Diamonds Challenge rules and FAQ:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15VrqVzDpGbH-xr4Q4i8GeuNd1zQdGJvJQaP_dntpp9k/edit?hl=en_US

These are the rules for the Little Diamonds, but the rules for the Diamonds in the Rough are almost identical

Hi I am Katy and I just turned 35. I have lost 40 pounds since starting in Feb 2011. I have around 20 left to go and boy is it hard. I want the motivation of being held accountable to someone other than my self. I want to be healthy for me and my kids. I joined a gym today and have been walking 4 days a week along with my own stuff at home.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Misty and I am 35 years old. I want to join this challenge because I feel that a little one on one support is just what I need. I love my MFP friends but I dont have that relationship with anyone and I feel that is what is missing to help motivate me. I also would like to have someone that does not mind txting also. I have 4 children and live in KY/IN state line...I own my own business and have weird hours. I am very excited about this challenge :)
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mom715of2
    Options
    Hi.. my name is Christi and I would love to join the Diamonds!! I need to have someone to help me & by having a partner to support would be great. I need friends on here that are supportive!!