Gaining weight with a high cardio job.

Options
Anyone have any tips?. Solutions? I'm a UPS driver. I feel like i'm burning more calories than I can eat. Whenever I get a great workout in i'm sore the next day and my job becomes more difficult. Can't seem to find that sweet spot.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Read this link. There are foods and strategies that can help.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You should track your food daily...and be honest about it. You may find that you are still eating way too many calories even though you are very active. If you don't have one, something like a Fitbit or equivalent may also help actually give you a definite pattern of your activity. If you do this and your activity is very high and your calories are being burned you want may to seek medical help. There may be something else.
  • abilene_
    abilene_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness yes that is definitely hard! My bf is a Fed ex driver and i can't stress to him enough that he needs to eat! But I know it's hard to even squeeze in time to eat because of how busy y'all get.

But like everyone said it would be beneficial to track your calories if you aren't Already doing so.

Always eat breakfast!!! At least 500 calories. Maybe some shakes throughout the day.

I have been drinking the very high calorie boost shakes and they have been helping big time. They're pricey but it really helps
  • jovanreid
    jovanreid Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a firefighter EMT, at several points on my shift I'll burn almost 800-100 calories just running calls and training and all the other million little things throughout the day. I'm finding great success with always drinking mass gainer shakes once or twice between whatever meals I can actually get to
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    You should track your food daily...and be honest about it. You may find that you are still eating way too many calories even though you are very active. If you don't have one, something like a Fitbit or equivalent may also help actually give you a definite pattern of your activity. If you do this and your activity is very high and your calories are being burned you want may to seek medical help. There may be something else.

he want to gain weight or at least thats how I read it. not that hes gaining weight.