Just joined a few days ago

Options
Hey everyone, thought I would introduce myself. My name is Shauna and I want to lose 40 pounds. I started dieting and exercising a month and a half ago, and only lost 5 pounds (That was during the first two weeks that I started the weight loss). I haven't lost anything since, but, people are noticing that I'm getting smaller. I go to the gym 6 days a week (one hour on the treadmill, and/or one hour on the bike, and half an hour of strength training). I am also on a 1200 calorie diet, and have been doing well with sticking with that this week.
My question is, how do you all do it? How do you get the results you want because I can't seem to get anywhere. I don't know if I'm overdoing it or not doing enough. Help!
-Shauna

Replies

• fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi Shauna .
    welcome to the club I know what you mean about losing the weight give it time and you will see the pounds roll off and dont be afraid to ask as we all are here for the same think to lose weight , if you want to add me as a friend then feel free to
    steve
  • DeliriousOwl
    Options
    if people are noticing you getting smaller, maybe invest in a tape measure? I know that some of my friends have lost like no kgs/lbs at all but dropped a couple of dress sizes! with the over-doing it, i find that my body tells me if im going overboard (eg feeling tired and dizzy all day means STOP lol!). hope this helps! btw I'm new too :) all the best!
  • Bashsmom
    Options
    Agreed. A Tape Measure can show results when the scale doesn't!
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    hi Shauna .
    welcome to the club I know what you mean about losing the weight give it time and you will see the pounds roll off and dont be afraid to ask as we all are here for the same think to lose weight , if you want to add me as a friend then feel free to
    steve

Thanks Steve. I was in the before and after thread, and I was wondering how all of them did it. Everyone looks so good, and I want to be at that point too. It seems as if the last 40 pounds take forever to come off. In high school I used to be 240 pounds, then I lost 60 pounds. That weight came off wicked fast, and I kept it off for 10 years.
    I'll add you
    -Shauna
  • Shausil82
    Options
    if people are noticing you getting smaller, maybe invest in a tape measure? I know that some of my friends have lost like no kgs/lbs at all but dropped a couple of dress sizes! with the over-doing it, i find that my body tells me if im going overboard (eg feeling tired and dizzy all day means STOP lol!). hope this helps! btw I'm new too :) all the best!

I actually need to get a tape measure, LOL, because I'm using something else that isn't as accurate. This week I did a lot of exercises and this morning I woke up and could hardly move. Today I'm not going to the gym, but, I might do some smaller exercising today. I have dropped one size since I started all of this though :-)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Why do you say "ONLY 5 POUNDS"? That's good. Any faster and its not really sustainable.
    Best of luck.
  • Shausil82
    Options
    Why do you say "ONLY 5 POUNDS"? That's good. Any faster and its not really sustainable.
    Best of luck.

I'm proud of that weight loss, but, I guess I was hoping to do more than that...
  • Shausil82
    Options
    Agreed. A Tape Measure can show results when the scale doesn't!

I'm going to pick one up tomorrow after I go to the gym. :-)