My Road To Kona (IRONMAN WORLD CHAMPS)

Hi everyone, I have committed to complete my first Ironman before I am fifty and lost 14kg to get going in Triathlon three years ago. I have got to grips with social media and apps....sort of! So now trying to hold myself to account in a few communities to share my story and see if over the next couple of years it is possible for me to change my lifestyle to the point where I achieve a lifetime goal...I am trying all sorts and this seems a good place to try out new conversations and ways of keeping on track with MyFitnesPal...wish me luck and hope I can support others doing something similar? M

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    That is an amazing goal. I am sure you will achieve it. This a very supportive place and I am sure there are a lot of others with similar goals that you can reach out to.

Personally I would be happy just to get to the gym at some point in the future. :)

All the best in your endevours.
  • in4thelonghaul
    in4thelonghaul Posts: 4 Member
    Hey M, I am soon turning 50 (spring) and did my very first Sprint triathlon (750m swim, 30km bike, 7km run) this past fall. I trained hard all summer and was very pleased with my performance. My goal is to a Sprint again this year but cut 15 min off my time. For others reading this please know that I was pathetic for many years with my workouts but now as a new empty nester am finding I have the time to commit this triathlon training.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited January 2019
    mapweg wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have committed to complete my first Ironman before I am fifty and lost 14kg to get going in Triathlon three years ago. I have got to grips with social media and apps....sort of! So now trying to hold myself to account in a few communities to share my story and see if over the next couple of years it is possible for me to change my lifestyle to the point where I achieve a lifetime goal...I am trying all sorts and this seems a good place to try out new conversations and ways of keeping on track with MyFitnesPal...wish me luck and hope I can support others doing something similar? M

what race are you targeting as your Kona qualifying race?

there are a few of us around who have done an ironman or two - i'm training for my third this year (Mont Treblant in August)