Hi Everyone im new but ready to loose the weight

Options
Hello everybody, My Names Tracey and i lack will power but really need to loose weight. I like to refere to myself as compact. Short and wide! Its my way of coping really. I broke my neck and was unable to walk this was 4 years ago, now im back at full time work as a Paramedic.But whilst off work i gained ALOT of weight.
Everybody is shocked that im still working, i know alot of people would never return to work and sit around all day but that is not me. I help everybody out in my role at work and its about time i helped myself.

What i need is a kick up the backside and support and thats what im asking of you guys "Support" to loose weight, we will get through this together as long as we supoport each other.

Oh and one more thing, I gave up smoking 9 days ago and so far its going well. I have been smoking for 20years....The problem is we all know that people put weight on when they give up smoking so i have that extra little challenge to get over.
So if you have any good recipes, snack foods, etc would be really helpful.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AshleyVeronica
    AshleyVeronica Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow you're a trooper! Good for you!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, wow you have been through ALOT! congrats on not smoking and you can add me if you want :flowerforyou: Im pretty busy through the week but Im still pretty supportive especially on weekends
  • BlondeViki
    BlondeViki Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a story - you've come through so much! I'm really impressed :)

Wishing you all the best of luck with your healthy goals - I gave up smoking 10 years ago (ok, I'd only been smoking for about 4 years) and it was tough, but in the long run it makes achieveing all your other goals that bit easier. I've got everything crossed for you to stick it out!
  • clarehodgson14
    Options
    Hi, Friend request sent. Good on you for getting back into work.
  • Suzieqt81
    Suzieqt81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey Tracey,
    Just remember with time (and it doesn't take that long) dieting/eating well...becomes easier...it's not like you will be fighting that will power the whole way...glad you're here and hope we can be friends and help one another along the journey.

Feel free to add me.
  • DeHaase
    DeHaase Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job on not giving up! Feel free to add me too, I try to stay supportive(and need to quit smoking). You have already been a fighter for what you want, and being healthy is a battle that is hard to do alone sometimes.
  • mommy2boysaz
    mommy2boysaz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I think you and I have something in common, with the lack of will power... I've been on this site a while now, mostly just on the forums. Haven't been counting my calories or being accountable. As a result, my loss has been pretty much nothing. What a surprise!

So, I am also starting fresh. Counting cals and commiting to stay below my alotted calories.

Oh, and I also quit smoking almost 14 years ago. I had smoked for about 10 years at that time. It was not easy, especially the first month. After that, it got much easier. Although, even all these years later, if I smell it at the right time, it still brings back that old longing for a cigg. But that only lasts a moment. Most of the time I think it stinks! So, good for you for attempting both of these things at the same time and working to get healthier! Good Luck!!
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracey,

Good for you. I quit smoking couple of years ago, after 30 years, good for you, its a tough thing to do. But, I can breathe and I don't get those "sinus" episodes anymore. :) (like 365 days a year) Congrats on going back to work,,,that will help, a lot.

This is a really good site.......think you will like it.
  • cactusjon
    cactusjon Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracey

Wow, you say you don't have willpower, but I think you may be underselling yourself. You suffered a very serious accident, yet worked your way back to return to work. That is VERY admirable, and took willpower! :-)

I wish all the luck in the world in your weight loss - if you can harness the willpower that you DO have, you'll get there!

Jon
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    Hi hun,
    Welcome to MFP, I had spinal surgery in 2009 and gained over a stone so I can really empathise with you. This site is great for support and the calorie counter does motivate you. Feel free to add me.