Lost 25lbs in 2 months and can't be happy

I don't know what's wrong with me? I've lost 25lbs and 23 inches since is started on Nov 1st and I'm not excited. In fact I'm pissed that's all I've lost.

In the past I would have been ecstatic to lose even 5lbs in a month, so I just can't figure it out and I'm worried that feeling this way is going to make me quit.

It probably has something to do with not looking any different and still just being so fat. Other people can lose 10lbs and look so much different. But here I am at 25lbs and still look the same. My clothes are all too big and so now I'm not just fat, I'm fat and sloppy looking.

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Your clothes are too big, ergo you must look different. Buying a few new pieces that fit properly will help. Lots of people find great transitional clothing at thrift stores for that period when you need something to wear but don't want to invest much in clothing you won't be in for long.
  • Jilligogo
    Jilligogo Posts: 6 Member
    Also invest in some accessories that can make your clothes look a little more tailored, like a wide belt and some scarves.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I promise you do not look the same after losing 25 lbs. That is literally impossible.

Did you take some before pictures? Take some pictures today and compare them. You’ll see a difference.

Also, buy some new clothes that fit.
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Everyone's body is different, and we all seem to lose weight in different areas. I bet if you have before and after photos that really show your curves, you will be able to see those 25 lbs somewhere.

I always notice in my clothes first, usually before the scale goes down enough to see a difference. If your clothes fit differently, you know the results are there!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    A weight loss of 2 stone and as many inches will equal at least one drop in dress size. Buying new clothes can be a down side of loosing weight. Pardon my assumption, funds can be tight. Over here we have charity shops which can hold some real treasures. I gather from a good friend of mine in the US there are thrift shops. I wonder if you could consider visiting somewhere like these. Our charity shops mostly only put out clothes which could be taken for new. Some restrict to known labels.

You do not say how much weight you ultimately would like to loose, I would suggest you could find it much more difficult to achieve a loss similar to that you have accomplished so far. A lost of this size is really only achievable by those with a great deal to loose. Sometimes a loss like this can be poor for your health, because you have lost out on nutrition, vitamin and minerals which are essential.

Please, if you are within 2 stone, 28 lb of your chosen weight set the automated set up to loose 1 lb a week. if you are still away from your healthy range look to setting to loose 2lb a week which is considered to be the best, healthiest weight loss for long term benefits.

I congratulate you. You will have achieved so much. Please take photos of yourself now to hold against those of your recent past. Most of all, Take care of yourself.
  • MrSpacek
    MrSpacek Posts: 8 Member
    Just stop it. Be nicer to yourself. Enjoy the journey, this is where life happens.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Do you do any strength/resistance training?