Getting Back on the Wagon

Options
aden389
aden389 Posts: 2 Member
Two years ago, I went from 165 to 139 lbs through the keto diet, before I fell off the wagon. Right now, I'm around 158, and I've come to realize that the keto diet and detailed calorie counting is the only way I can maintain my weight loss. Otherwise, I end up cheating and sabotaging myself. So, now that the new year has come around, I'm going back on it again. My goal is 130 lbs, which is about right for my height and body type. Once I hit that level, I'll begin eating at maintenance and try to put on some muscle.

I have 5 months before my family comes to visit me. I'd love to get down to the 130s by then.

Replies

• summerlane77
    summerlane77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    130 is also my goal, and I'm also using a family/friend visit to motivate myself (among other things). I'm starting from 192 lbs, so I feel like I have quite a road ahead and just need to be patient and chip away at it. Your goal sounds totally doable. We can do it!
  • chrisje89
    chrisje89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation. I'm currently 155 pounds, looking to get back down to 132 pounds that I was on before I got a sports injury and a burn-out. I'm definitely a stress eater, grabbings sweets and chocolates if nearby but equally happy with fruit, nuts or chewing gum - as long as I have something to do. Keto and MFP have been super helpful to me in the last few years in obtaining and then maintaining my ideal weight, it's just getting myself back into that frame of mind again.

I wish you good luck in your journey, and I hope both of our journeys are succesful!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    What made you fall off the wagon the first time? knowing that can maybe help tweak your plan this time around?
  • aden389
    aden389 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    What made you fall off the wagon the first time? knowing that can maybe help tweak your plan this time around?

I went to Germany for a semester and was seduced by their delicious bread and sweets. Now, I'm back in Germany until August. This time around, I'm going to try to take advantage of their sausages and meat instead of their baked goods.

The main problem is that I have an "all or nothing" attitude, where I find it impossible to limit my consumption of sweets. If I have a box of cookies in the house, it's going to be gone overnight. I can't just eat one serving of something. So either I have to remove all sweets from the house or buy a single serving of a sweet.

I find it easier to stay on a diet if there are strict perimeters, like the keto diet.
    130 is also my goal, and I'm also using a family/friend visit to motivate myself (among other things). I'm starting from 192 lbs, so I feel like I have quite a road ahead and just need to be patient and chip away at it. Your goal sounds totally doable. We can do it!

Best of luck! :) I feel like I have a long road ahead, too.
    chrisje89 wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation. I'm currently 155 pounds, looking to get back down to 132 pounds that I was on before I got a sports injury and a burn-out. I'm definitely a stress eater, grabbings sweets and chocolates if nearby but equally happy with fruit, nuts or chewing gum - as long as I have something to do. Keto and MFP have been super helpful to me in the last few years in obtaining and then maintaining my ideal weight, it's just getting myself back into that frame of mind again.

I wish you good luck in your journey, and I hope both of our journeys are succesful!

Thank you!

I'm a total stress-eater. This is my last semester in college and I have been applying for grad schools, so that's been a definite stress I've had to deal with. Hoping that by sticking to keto, I'll be able to finally continue my weight loss journey.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Four years ago I went from 190 to 140, but when I had a health scare and going back to work I stopped exercising and slowly my eating has gotten out of control! I'm back up to 158 and my "fat" pants are fitting :( I have to will power anymore and am struggling hard core. I'm in need of support to stick with it. Here's hoping 2019 we can do better.