Skipping breakfast

Options
I am usually not hungry at all in the morning. Any problem with skipping breakfast?

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    No problem with skipping breakfast. I hardly ever eat in the mornings, prefer to save my calories for later in the day.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    No problem
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    sometimes i eat breakfast, sometimes i dont. it all depends. when i do its usually light - english muffin and peanut butter or yogurt. sometimes bagel and cream cheese.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Coffee for breakfast to wash down my meds with. Then I usually don't eat until at least noon. Truly not genuinely hungry before that.

Weight management is all about the total amount of calories you consume in a day, not when you consume them. :)
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    The pros and cons of skipping breakfast are almost entirely subjective. If it sets you up better for the rest of the day (to hit your calorie/nutritional goals), then there are almost no cons. If it doesn't then there are almost no pros.
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I don't usually start to get hungry until about 2pm. I like to have one huge meal a day at around 4pm.
    That seems to be my natural way of eating.
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don’t eat breakfast. I don’t want it. Have never understood why people insist on saying you have to eat breakfast even if you aren’t hungry. That’s part of our problem as a society...teaching people to disregard what their bodies are telling them because studies show “X, Y, Z” is more important. If you are hungry eat. If you aren’t, don’t. That’s all the matters.
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm up before 7am and my first meal is usually at around 11. Sometimes closer to 9 if I woke up hungry, sometimes later.

I prefer having a larger dinner, and maybe dessert, so having 2 later meals instead of including a third early one helps me manage my calorie distribution much easier. I've found that I'm frequently just as hungry at lunch and dinner whether I eat breakfast or not, which has a lot to do with habits but is still very annoying.