I'd like to lose 40-60 pounds. How about you?

Options
I want to get under 200. I get 1230 canaries a day. Not sure how I'll make that.

Replies

• witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh now? Height? Activity level? What deficit did you choose? If you’re over 200 pounds, 1230 sounds like an awfully small number of calories to me.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I want to get under 200. I get 1230 canaries a day. Not sure how I'll make that.

Canaries :noway: :astonished:
    I’m guessing auto correct issue.

Did you get that goal from MFP? If so it’s 1230 + any calories burned from exercise. You will also get a bit more if you select 1 lb per week loss instead of 2lbs per week (not sure if that’s what you did, but it’s common for people to do). Remember you want the deficit that you can sustain until goal. To large of one can have you in a binge/restrict cycle which can make it harder to lose weight.

I am just working on a very slow fat cut at this point (Body recomposition). That said I lost most of the weight I had to lose eating around an average of 2000 calories a day (Total...my net goal was probably 1300-1400...I never really focused on it).

** NET Goal refers to Intake minus exercise = Calories MFP gave you. So if MFP gave me 1300 my Intake - Exercise = 1300 ***
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    welcome

i'd recommend trying a slower rate of loss. this gives you more calories. at least as a starting point. it's better to start a program you can keep at even if it takes a bit longer, VS trying to loose faster but white knuckling it and being more likely to fail. You probably don't even need to eat that little either, that is probably if you were nearly bedridden low calories.
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi! My long-term goal is 50 lbs. Short term goal is 11 lbs (5%). It looks like my daily target is 1540 calories (I laughed so hard at "canaries", but I knew what you meant!), plus the bonus calories from exercising.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I lost over 50 pounds 4 years ago. Then I hit a long plateau. Little by little I gained 20 back. Now I would like to lose the 20 and still lose 20 more. I am motivated now, My daughter is getting married in September. So my goal will be to lose 25 before the wedding. I lose slowly. It took me 2 1/2 years to lose the 50 lbs I lost before. MyFitnessPal sure helps!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If 1230 seems too low (and it is pretty low!) maybe try a less aggressive weight loss. Try for 1.5 or even 1 lb a week. Yes, you may lose a little more slowly but if it's a more do-able number of calories for you then you'll be able to stick with it so in the long run you'll be better off.
  • newstartat49
    newstartat49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    With the app I can see that most of my calories are from carbs. I have to work on that, pus get into a regular exercise routine. How do you deal with other family in the household who bring home sweets & all, that you're trying to stay away from?
  • gamecocksrugby
    gamecocksrugby Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 60.
  • sponsorrebecca
    sponsorrebecca Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm going to lose 15lbs. Is there a forum for people who have hypothyroid?
  • sponsorrebecca
    sponsorrebecca Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    With the app I can see that most of my calories are from carbs. I have to work on that, pus get into a regular exercise routine. How do you deal with other family in the household who bring home sweets & all, that you're trying to stay away from?

Self control. You can listen to music. I've read somewhere that it takes four minutes for a craving to go away. I'd rather be skinny than have a few moments of pleasure from eating sweets, then have said sweets deposited onto my body to collect for years. Fermented chlorella has 100% gotten rid of cravings. I don't even think about sugar, and this effect happened to me on the first day.
  • LDMCroadtoad
    LDMCroadtoad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is 70lbs, but I’ll be happy to hit 20!
  • 2much2love96
    2much2love96 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal is 40 but would be happy with 20 for now :)
  • 200x50xmack
    200x50xmack Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    76 to go
  • lsverink
    lsverink Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to loos 30-40... but 20 would be great!!!
  • sallieseb1
    sallieseb1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Is like to shed about 40, but would be happy with half that weight as well! ☺️
  • newstartat49
    Options
    I got some kale. I'm going to make kale chips. I've never had them before, but I'm hoping they are great.
  • kjpanny23
    kjpanny23 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm over 200 and I need to shed a 100 lbs to get to my idea weight. I don't eat snacks but I do eat a lot of carbs which is how I gained all this. I don;'t know how I'm going to do that, but I'm taking it one day at a time.
  • newstartat49
    Options
    kjpanny23 I keep saying that this week will be better than last week. And going up stairs is only going to get easier. I'm in the northeast and I hate winter. I would much rather go out walking or bike riding. I have to find more low calorie snacks. I don't like vegetables. I only eat carrots, corn, peas & potatoes.
  • chrisco333
    chrisco333 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My goal is to loose 50 lbs. I’m hoping to do it at 2 lbs a week.
  • MarriedMomInOhio38
    MarriedMomInOhio38 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I would be happy with a 60 lb loss currently 210. But my ultimate goal is 70-75 lbs. @135-140 lbs. Which is what I was before my back issues.