opinions, please

Options
i feel like i have been busting my @$$ in workouts, and eating fairly well, and since last sunday, i have gained over 1.5 lbs..i hope it is from muscle, i can't tell 100%, and i try to do measurements. anyhow, do yall think i should enter my weight if it goes up, from losing inches ? like to be more accurate in tracking my loss to date, or should i just not update at all, and wait until i have another loss and log on my weigh in day?

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting, I say enter in your new higher weight. Now I have so many fluctuations I just enter my lower ones as they happen.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't add a weight gain unless it's alot, or you are trying to gain.

Personally I think it's water retention, if you've been eating well, staying under you're goal and still eating enough (too little can have bad effects too) then it's most likely water. When you exercise alot your muscles tend to hold onto quite a bit :) I very much doubt it's muscle in this short space of time, it takes alot of time and extra calories to gain muscle.

Keep on measuring, and if you're losing inches then that's awesome, you're on the right track! :) You will lose eventually if you keep up the hard work.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily--to see all of the CRAZY fluctuations--but I only enter in my weight once a week. I put the measurements in once a month. Good Luck
  • MOMSHOME
    MOMSHOME Posts: 72
    Options
    How often are you checking your weight? I weigh only on Fridays, that way I am not stressed all week about my weight gain or loss being flexable. If you are only checking your weight once a week and you have your measurements logged in here then i would go ahead and log everything when i checked it.
  • Spurrowell
    Options
    Yeah, I would enter my measurements also. You might platau out for a week or so but then yo should start loosing again unless you BMI is under 3% Good Luck!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I always enter by weight no matter what. Today I was up THREE pounds.

It's probably water weight of some kind. You can't gain pounds of muscle that quickly (takes many months). However, often your muscles will store extra water when they are stressed. Or you might need to take a crap.... Seriously, nothing to worry about. I'm not going to worry about my "gain" until it sticks around for a few days.