Starting again

Options
My name is Marija, I'm 33 years old. I have been here before and I know how everything works. I never posted much but I read pretty much every post there was.

I used to have severe reactions to gluten and lots of other foods for eight years. In April, my gluten intolerance disappeared and once I realized that I have not stopped eating bread, pizzas, pasta and whatnot. I gained about 20kg since then. Although I actually feel more healthy or at least physically better than during those eight years, I also know that gaining so much weight in such a short time is horrible for my health. Apart from gaining weight, I let myself go in other areas of my life because of which I constantly feel stressed and anxious, particularly with my job and studies.

I'm introducing myself now because I have an overwhelming need to do so. So much anxiety lately has left me feeling not good enough to even speak in front of others and have my voice heard. I am fearful of everything. From the outside my life looks great, I'm in a long term relationship, I have a few really good friendships, I have a great job with awesome colleagues and I'm doing a PhD but regardless I've been unhappy for so long and I want to change that.

I hope this year brings great changes to new members who are starting again like me and continuing success to those who have laid good foundations in the past year(s).

Cheers! :)

Replies

• FabianFilip
    FabianFilip Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck Marija ,Keep on going forward
  • jubeli123
    jubeli123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck Marija and thanks for sharing. I am going through a similar stage in my life and I hope starting again will help me both physically and mentally.
  • catwithkittens
    catwithkittens Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck to ye and me too. Sure we know what not to eat and move more but it's the motivation to do it. I.m the same have piled on 3 stone that's 25kg in 2 years. Look we're here ,we're aware and we need to do. 🙂