Training for Bikini competition

Options
Hey all! I was just wondering if anyone here has ever trained for a bikini competition on their own and if so, what resources they used to get good workouts and diet information? Any and all info would be super appreciated!

Cheers!

Replies

• zebrashark
    zebrashark Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have not but a friend of mine did one and she cross trains at a Spartan gym. I used to go there and saw better results there than I have anywhere else. I would LOVE to still be going there now but my schedule won't allow it.
  • royalwakandan
    royalwakandan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Look into the Transform App.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I know several ladies who've done them, but they've all either had a coach, been coached through a couple competitions or are coaches themselves. I think if you're actually wanting to get on stage and compete, you're going to want a coach.

ETA: there's more to it than just hitting the weight room. There are bulking and cutting cycles, strict dieting, lots of time in the weight room, aggressive cutting close to competition, etc. The ladies I know get pretty hormonal when they're close to stage ready and barely eating and at very low BF%.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hey - one of my spin instructors is in bikini and weight lifting competitions. She is on Instagram and posts her fitness and diet routine. She does quite a bit of work out 6 days per week. Of course she is a full time instructor so that helps. If you want - message me and I’ll give you her Instagram handle!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I have a friend who has done a few. I had considered it last year, but the cost (coach, entry fees, food/supplements, bikini, travel, hair/makeup/spray tan, etc. I think ran her about $5000 by the time it was all done) outweighed the benefit. It is very pricey and since I doubt I will be making any significant money then I just decided to train to become the best body for me. I didn't need the stage or judges to tell me that. Also it can be very mentally and physically taxing (restrictive dieting towards the end and many hours of working out). But to answer your initial question - yes a coach is needed.
  • royalwakandan
    royalwakandan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!