CALLING ALL TRADER JOES LOVERS!!

Options
Anyone try those Trader Joes Peanut Butter filled pretzels?? I added 9 of those delicious heavenly pretzels onto my snacks before dinner LOL... for a total of 115 cals! They're SO good.

I know it's not a good idea to eat on a daily I'm guessing.. but it seems a bit on the healthier side to me rather than going to something more fattening. 1,200 cals per day is my intake!

Replies

• rick90680
    Options
    I love Trader Joes, when it comes to Low Fat, Low Sugar, Organic, etc... They have the most choice for (mostly) the best price.

And yes the Peanut Butter filled pretzels are the bomb! (TIP DON't TRY THIS: Someone at work actually tried to 'WARM' them up in the microwave! NOT a good idea!!)
  • pgardner04
    Options
    Have you tried the olive oil popcorn??
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    I see lots of people on here use Trader Joes foods I have never heard of it before. I just googled it and it says there is one coming soon about 60 miles from me. Is it worth the trip when they open?
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    I see lots of people on here use Trader Joes foods I have never heard of it before. I just googled it and it says there is one coming soon about 60 miles from me. Is it worth the trip when they open?
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I looove Trader Joe's but I'm not a big peanut butter girl
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options

Definitely worth the trip!! I say go at least one time, and you decide from there! :) LOVE TRADER JOES!!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options

TOTALLY worth the trip, in my opinion! We were spoiled and lived two miles from one for the past couple years and would go there a few times a week...we moved and it's now 35 minutes away, but we still go there quite often for staples (Sunflower Seed Butter, Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette, Greek yogurt, brown rice pasta, random frozen meals that are easy on the sodium, just to name a few). Seriously, check it out--and take a cooler! :)
  • cowboydan43
    Options

Absolutely! My home town is about 65 minutes away from the closest store. The town I currently live in is around 30 or 40 minutes away and I go as often as possible. We just have to stock up when we go!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I looove Trader Joe's but I'm not a big peanut butter girl

Have you tried their Sunflower Seed Butter? It will blow your mind!
  • rick90680
    Options
    When they come, take the trip. Some people shop for EVERYTHING there. I go for the specialty things you won't find elsewhere at a reasonable price. (example we have Whole Food stores where I live and, IMO, Whole Foods is ALWAYS higher in price. I knew a friend that was a buyer for Trader Joe's and they really do look for unique items and negotiate a good price. Again, just my opinion :))
  • stephenson6
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's too! Definitely worth the trip! There are some things that are way cheaper than other regular grocery stores. Baby spinach (12 oz bag @ 1.99). Chopped onions (10 oz for $1.59) Shaped pasta (16 oz for .99) WW organic spaghetti (16 oz for $1.09) Almond Flour/Meal (16 oz for 3.99) Trader Joe's Peanut Butter (16 oz for $1.79) Of course, they have some unique items and they are wonderful. I do enjoy the Olive Oil Popcorn too and the 2% plain greek yogurt.
  • maadee91
    maadee91 Posts: 28
    Options
    I LOVE those pretzels. Dang. So good.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Anyone try those Trader Joes Peanut Butter filled pretzels?? I added 9 of those delicious heavenly pretzels onto my snacks before dinner LOL... for a total of 115 cals! They're SO good.

I know it's not a good idea to eat on a daily I'm guessing.. but it seems a bit on the healthier side to me rather than going to something more fattening. 1,200 cals per day is my intake!

Those are so good they're evil. I try and stay away from them except on my spike days because I can easily eat a whole bag.
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    After reading these post I am going to try Trader Joes. Can you guys give me a list of your favorite things there to try, frozen, snacks, drinks, ect. I overheard a lady at the grocery line raving about some salsa there. Now I am curious!
  • cowboydan43
    Options
    I have not but I will check it out next time I go! Always open to new things

edit: I tried to quote the post about the sunflower seed butter but failed.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    That reminds me, I have to go to TJ's today! Can't eat the pretzels, allergic to the wheat and peanut butter, but they've got lots of other stuff I can eat and can't find anywhere else. They're tuna is a great price and lower calorie than the name brands, they have good jerky which is a nice snake, all protein no fat. Unfortunately I just found out they have wheat in them, so can't eat it now. Lot of gluten free for those who need it, and their Free Range Chicken broth is the cheapest and best in town. Try their frozen roasted corn, delicious! Great frozen fruit choices, they carry goats milk products too. My family loves the Orange Flavored Chicken in the frozen section, and it's great for me as well because it's fast to make. The Ravioli in Brodo is delicious as well. Milk prices low as well. I still have to go to a regular supermarket for somethings, but for olive oil, ground pepper and salt shakers, and a lot of other things, TJ's rocks!
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love TJ's Vegetable Samosas. They are in the freezer section with the appetizers. I will often eat three of them for lunch (250 calories total I think) with a little bit of cheese. Their Spanakopita is also really good and I like the vegetable masala burgers too. I get the low fat Almond granola to put in my yogurt. I also routinely buy hummus and cilantro yogurt dip - Yummy on Naan (another lunch favorite). They have great trail mixed packaged in single serving bags (I am notorious for opening a large bag of trail mix and eating half of it in one sitting so the single serving bags are key for me). There are some really great wines there at excellent prices also.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i think i will make a trip this week! it's not far from my house but it's closer to my office :D
  • Msvalsworld
    Msvalsworld Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to try those pretzels. They sound good
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Love those pretzels! Sometimes I mix one serving of the pretzels with a tbs of chocolate chips - yummy!