Overweight women/mothers who had a natural birth

Options
arilukaszewicz1
arilukaszewicz1 Posts: 75 Member
edited January 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I didn’t have a c-section with my son, but I was very overweight during my pregnancy. I have lost some weight and I am down to 230 pounds/21 years of age. I do have a bit of an apron belly that hangs like an inch down.

Has anyone else had an apron belly after birth but able to reduce it to a “flat belly” after losing more weight? I am just scared it is going to stay permanently 😔

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Heredity is the deciding factor. I had natural births and two babies that were each over 9 lbs. I was 251 at my all time high and finally had a tummy tuck to lose it (at 61 years of age). Everyone's body is different and it takes a while for your skin to catch up with the weight loss so I would suggest giving your body a year or two after losing weight to see what happens. After that you can decide. My arms were horrible a year ago but are much better now. I doubt at my age that my stomach would have recovered completely but you are so much younger I would give it some time to see what happens.
  • arilukaszewicz1
    Options
    Heredity is the deciding factor. I had natural births and two babies that were each over 9 lbs. I was 251 at my all time high and finally had a tummy tuck to lose it (at 61 years of age). Everyone's body is different and it takes a while for your skin to catch up with the weight loss so I would suggest giving your body a year or two after losing weight to see what happens. After that you can decide. My arms were horrible a year ago but are much better now. I doubt at my age that my stomach would have recovered completely but you are so much younger I would give it some time to see what happens.

Thank you, I will and I am trying to lose the weight slowly so my skin has some time to go back
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I was overweight when I had both my kids. My skin bounced back for my first when I was 33, but not for my second when I was 40. Both were natural births.

For me, age was a factor. For you, since you're younger, depending on how much of a part genetics play, things could be different. Saying that, as Cheryl said, I have noted that with my weight loss (90 pounds), it's taken a few years to get a truer picture of my loose skin situation. It has improved. Do definitely wait and see.
  • arilukaszewicz1
    Options
    I was overweight when I had both my kids. My skin bounced back for my first when I was 33, but not for my second when I was 40. Both were natural births.

For me, age was a factor. For you, since you're younger, depending on how much of a part genetics play, things could be different. Saying that, as Cheryl said, I have noted that with my weight loss (90 pounds), it's taken a few years to get a truer picture of my loose skin situation. It has improved. Do definitely wait and see.

Thanks girl, your profile pic looks great ! I have hope!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

Thanks girl, your profile pic looks great ! I have hope!

Thanks, but those compression shorts hide a multitude of loose skin!