Not new but wanted to say hello!

Options
Hi! I'm not new to MFP but wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. I have been on MFP since October of last year and logging daily since March of this year. I'm also a follower of bodyrock.tv. I was hoping to get some motivation and support from some fellow MFP users as I have lost almost all of my motivation. I recently started looking after twins who will be two in September. So along with my two year old daughter (she turned two in June) I haven't been able to do too much when it comes to exercise. I don't know if it's fully because of that or if its because I'm getting closer to my goal weight and just getting lazy. When it was just my daughter and myself I was doing great. I was going for an intense walk every morning and working out daily. My eating habits were better then what they are now and I was happy and loving everyday. I don't know how to get back into the swing of things when watching three two year olds. I am not an early riser as I don't get to bed until 10:30 at the earliest by the time I get the house back in order and make my husbands lunch for the next day. (he leaves for work at 2am and doesn't get home until 5pm) The twins arrive here at 7am and leave at 6pm so I'm short for time! Just wanted to maybe hear some suggestions or get some motivation from everyone. I am looking forward to getting to my goal and can't wait to be proud of myself for accomplishing something that I have been wanting for a long time.

Replies

• NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi and 'welcome' even though you're not new. :-)

When I'm short on time, I use work out dvd's. don't like to do that all the time, because they get boring...but they work when I'm busy.

It's a matter of being creative, figuring out what works and deciding to do it....I have to look at my schedule each week and figure out what I can fit in, when (exercise wise) otherwise I will slack, and that's just not an option for me.

Good luck. and I sent you a friend request.
  • chloebelle777
    Options
    hey! don't give up. I always remind myself how I feel when I slack and gain the few pounds back, it feels frustrating and I ask myself why did I quit??!

If you've lost 18lbs you should be proud of yourself.

If I were you, I would go outside with the kids and be active. Is there a way you could get a bigger stroller and go on a walk with all of them? It would do them and you good :)

Or play games outside. Help them expend energy, while you are doing the same!

I hope this helps! I know I am looking for support too! I just started all of this and want to keep off 30 lbs.

xoxo-best wishes!
  • chloebelle777
    Options
    i have a question, how do i post my ticker on here?
  • chloebelle777
    Options
    10490970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :flowerforyou: Hi, I am fairly new to MFP so just getting into the swing of things and I like you have struggled with my weight for a very long time. I can assure you as a mother of twins myself trying to look after 3 2 year olds would give you plenty of exercise in its own way and it isn't easy to exercise at the same time. Maybe you need to just try to do your main exercise on the weekends when you don't have the other children. How is you calorie intake going and fat intake. Make sure you are eating enough food, one of my mine problems is I don't eat enough food so my body is in starvation mode all the time going by my dietitian. in fact you would be burning a lot of calories looking after the little ones. You should get some advice on how many calories you should be having. The other thing too is the closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is to lose. Don't give in just keep going and I am sure you will get there. Don't forget to keep coming into the forums too good luck